Faulty N75 ??

rodney02

Hello everyone,
I have intermittent loss of acceleration.
Just a little background first,
I have a 2002 jetta TDI auto with 110K on it. I have the Upsolute chip with 184 injectors. Just did the intake cleaning about 10K ago, so I know it isn't a clogged intake. My snow screen is OK also.
Just yesterday after starting the car first thing in the morning (Toronto) I started to drive to work but noticed the acceleration was terrible. I floored the pedal but the car had no boost from the turbo. The car was driveable but accelerated very slowly. It seemed as though there was no boost from the turbo. I know the turbo is fine as I just had it replaced and I do hear it spool up.
After about 10 minutes of driving after the car warmed up it had its acceleration again.
When I got home from work I put in a new MAF, thinking that was the problem, and took it for a test drive. It did the same thing, after 5-10 min the accleration came back. So it can't be the MAF
I think its the N75 valve that controls the turbo, any comments?
Thanks,
Rod

DLV

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI ALH 5M silver, 2011 Audi A3 TDI Monza Silver
I had the same symptoms. Try and pulling the hoses off and removing the N75 from the car. I blasted mine with carb cleaner and my VNT modulated and turbo was back!