Mobil-1 Online Rebate

TDInownow

Veteran Member
TDI
None right now...
Did a quick search and didn't see it already posted, so I figured I'd give a heads up. I was tooling around on the Mobil-1 (US) website and found that they have a $10 rebate going for 5 quarts of Mobil-1. It says you need to go print the forms soon, but the rebate isn't actually in effect until April, 2009. Max of two per household, so I printed 2 forms and filed them.

While it says it's valid on the 5qt jugs, I'm not sure what the caveat is with the gallon TDT jugs, so I'll likely just hit auto-zone for 5 1qt containers the next time.

You do have to sign up for the "my mobil" account or whatever, and the forms pull the info from your account there, but it only took 2 minutes.

Heads-up for anyone interested....

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
TDInownow said:
While it says it's valid on the 5qt jugs, I'm not sure what the caveat is with the gallon TDT jugs, so I'll likely just hit auto-zone for 5 1qt containers the next time.
How is that going to fly if they say 5 qt jug only :confused:

Does Mobil have any oil in the USA in a 5 qt package that would be of interest to a diesel auto owner :confused:

nutdriver

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 2006 (Previously NB 2000)
TDInownow - Thanks for the tip. If not my TDI then I can use this for other vehicles in my fleet. I was able to find and print the rebate without problems

KALaBenne

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 B5.5V GLS
Does anybody know what the terms of the rebate are? If it dosen't apply to the oil I'll be buying it does me no good to give them all my personal information.

Last edited:

velociT

Top Post Dawg
TDI
06 Jetta TDI *sold*
Revolutionary_mind said:
Why not for your TDI? Ive been using it for over 50,000 miles with excellent oil analysis results, better than VAG oils.
Yep. I'm going to it next OCI.

OilGuy

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
KALaBenne said:
Does anybody know what the terms of the rebate are? If it dosen't apply to the oil I'll be buying it does me no good to give them all my personal information.
Form says the rebate applies to either 1) five 1-qt bottles, 2) one 5-qt jug, or 3) 1 case of quarts. "All Mobil 1 motor oil products" are eligible.

KALaBenne

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 B5.5V GLS
OilGuy said:
Form says the rebate applies to either 1) five 1-qt bottles, 2) one 5-qt jug, or 3) 1 case of quarts. "All Mobil 1 motor oil products" are eligible.
Hmmm, you say all mobil 1 products, which should have me covered, but I bought 5-1 liter bottles, maybe they would still do it?

TDInownow

Veteran Member
TDI
None right now...
Yeah, sorry, I should have put that detail in. It's either 5 1-qt bottles or the 5-qt jug (or a case, I think). Should be fine to just go get 5 single quarts, and while the gallon jug of TDT is more convenient, it's not really that much of a bargain over individual quarts.

Again, this will be in effect for purchases between April and August of 2009...so you'll have to save the form for a few months.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

OilGuy

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
KALaBenne said:
Hmmm, you say all mobil 1 products, which should have me covered, but I bought 5-1 liter bottles, maybe they would still do it?
If you are buying M1ESP 5W-30 sold in L vs qt - I see your concern. I wouldn't see why they would want to exclude a customer just b/c they bought a L vs a qt. How is the redemption company even going to tell if it was a L or a qt? (this info is likely not to be on all receipts)

dhdenney

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Audi A3 TDI Ibis white
OilGuy said:
If you are buying M1ESP 5W-30 sold in L vs qt - I see your concern. I wouldn't see why they would want to exclude a customer just b/c they bought a L vs a qt. How is the redemption company even going to tell if it was a L or a qt? (this info is likely not to be on all receipts)
I'm guessing this rebate is for American M1 products.

Last edited:

Dave_D

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat Titanium Beige six speed manual & Jetta, 1999.5, Tornado Red
I created a login on their site as indicated, but after that I don't see a choice to download the form. Do you have a link direct to the form download? I am seeing the screen about "click here for rebate", but that just takes me back to a screen about being logged in.

Worst case, can someone get the form and place it somewhere I can download it from?

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Why doesn't a thoughtful person just host the form on the picture server here at Fred's (.pdf format) and place a link for it in the 1st post in this thread?

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
Dave_D said:
I created a login on their site as indicated, but after that I don't see a choice to download the form. Do you have a link direct to the form download? I am seeing the screen about "click here for rebate", but that just takes me back to a screen about being logged in.

Worst case, can someone get the form and place it somewhere I can download it from?
Dave: PM me with your e-mail address and I will send it to you as a .pdf file.

Tony edit: link to rebate below.

http://pics.tdiclub.com/showphoto.php?photo=50806&cat=3915

Last edited:

dhdenney

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Hang on guys, in my experience it will take your registration info and put it on the PDF form. I assume this is the only legitimate way to claim your rebate. If this is true, posting a link to the form would not be acceptable. I could be wrong, but this is my interpretation.

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
dhdenney said:
Hang on guys, in my experience it will take your registration info and put it on the PDF form. I assume this is the only legitimate way to claim your rebate. If this is true, posting a link to the form would not be acceptable. I could be wrong, but this is my interpretation.
You are right! I didn't notice that! Ignore my linky!:eek:

Tony

SnowCub

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 S350 BlueTec
Thanks for letting us know about this. I've been using Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel Truck for the past 2 years. Great stuff!

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I think people should be able to right click and select "print".

Last edited:

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I can go directly to "print", but there's nothing wrong with your technique, T!

SnowCub

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 S350 BlueTec
You might have one problem with the posted pict. On the .pdf that I downloaded, there is a number on the lower right line, below the Vehicle Model entry line. That number may be used to make sure that the person has registered at the site and to make sure only 2 rebates are submitted.

dhdenney

Top Post Dawg
TDI
SnowCub said:
You might have one problem with the posted pict. On the .pdf that I downloaded, there is a number on the lower right line, below the Vehicle Model entry line. That number may be used to make sure that the person has registered at the site and to make sure only 2 rebates are submitted.
Yes this is probably the catch. I have two for "two households" and the numbers differ.

TDInownow

Veteran Member
TDI
None right now...
dieseldorf said:
Why doesn't a thoughtful person just host the form on the picture server here at Fred's (.pdf format) and place a link for it in the 1st post in this thread?
I thought of that initially, and had there not been the number (or the address) pulled from the registration information, I would have simply posted the picture in the first place. I'd be skeptical that you'd actually get the rebate processed without a verification that the number matches the address, etc.

Sorry that I didn't specify my reasons for just posting the information and not the form itself. It's interesting to confirm that each "household" gets a different number, though.

Last edited:

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Guys, I didn't notice that number and y'all may be 100% correct that you'd have to register on-line to make all of this happen.