Possible scam

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Watch out for this message, its for sure a scam. I got messaged today on this forum via private message.

MAALI281
http://forums.tdiclub.com/member.php?u=531009
Join date of yesterday lol and from florida, most definatly a scammer

Message title:
High quality CAN OBD2 scanner offer

Message detail:
Hi Mongler98,
Thank you for your time. I am Ella from a big company. We specialize in high quality OBD2/EOBD Scanners that allow users to diagnose their automobiles easily. I am reaching out to you on the possibility of getting an editorial review for our featured Auto Code Scanner on this forum.
This is a portable set of CAN OBD2 scanner with comprehensive functions. It works on most 1996 US-Based, 2000 EU-Based and Asian cars, and newer OBD II & CAN domestic or import vehicles; supports full functions of OBD and EOBD vehicles, such as reading dynamic data streams, clearing DTCs, and detecting oxygen sensors, etc.; with 2.8 inch color LCD, adopts graphical display; can realize data storage and playback; easy to query in its inner powerful storage library of various information; features humanized function menu design with silicone button and sensetive touch key; supports English, French and Spanish. Besides, it is capable of USB2.0 quick online upgrade.
If you are interested in reviewing our latest Auto Code Scanner, please let me know and I will send out a free product for you to review. Besides, I will give you more detailed information about this product and company. Please email me at xiangguoxiangqing [at] gmail [dot] com. Please provide links to the forum home page, and tell me your name on that forum.
Thank you so much for reading. I really appreciate your great assistance for us.
Regards,
Ella

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
MAALI281 has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove MAALI281 from the recipient list and send the message again.

KLXD

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'98, '2 Jettas
A scam? Does that mean I'm not getting that scanner to evaluate? I felt so special.

I've gotten that PM twice, the first about 2 weeks ago.

Geordi

Veteran Member
Somewhere between Heaven and Hell. But it is reall
TDI
14 JSW DSG, 03 Wagon 01M, 400k and IPT performance auto!
Other than the poor engrish translation and the obviously Chinese email address... What gives it away as a scam? I got the same thing this morning, haven't done anything with it. I didn't think scam right out, but did think that it was just a bit odd.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Watch out for this message, its for sure a scam. I got messaged today on this forum via private message.

MAALI281
At least a dozen other members have reported getting this same private message. The poster MAAL1281 has been banned. It could be a scam or it could be just SPAM, but either way - the poster is gone now.

Have Fun!

Don

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
I received the same message today about 3:30 am local time........ which I deleted!