Electrical circus.

MadScience

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf GLS TDI 5spd; 2002 Golf GL TDI 5psd; 1998 Beetle TDI 5spd (sold); 2001 Jetta TDI 5spd swap
Hi all,

My daughter hit something to ripped the d/s mirror off the 01 Jetta. Immediately, the wipers started going and the high beam dash light came on. Neither were turned on. When she got home, the wipers and rear lights stayed on for a while AFTER the turned the car off. Now, the wipers are on all the time the car is running and the dash lights up when the car is unlocked. What in the world...? I will replace the mirror later today. Any ideas about what might be going on? Bizarre!

MadScience

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf GLS TDI 5spd; 2002 Golf GL TDI 5psd; 1998 Beetle TDI 5spd (sold); 2001 Jetta TDI 5spd swap
Fixed. 2 ground wires got ripped off under the battery

MadScience

Veteran Member
TDI
I can understand a bad (disconnected) ground causing it but ripping the mirror off pulled the grounds under the battery? :confused:
Oh haha! Yes, I should have explained that I discovered the side marker light had been torn off and wires snapped as well as 3/2 of the fender liner. The 2 ground wires in question had butt connectors in them from the past. The butt connectors didn't hang on with all the yanking around, which is likely a good thing and saved worse damage to the wiring.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
what? like with robots, and robot lions? or just everything is electrified, like the trapeze is wired to 240 volts? or the net is electrified so if they fall they get shocked?
or maybe the the clowns just keep coming out of a Nisan leaf instead of a bug?
either way i would pay money for the first few options, preferably the robot version

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
I think you are commenting on the wrong thread, mongler.

Cheers,

PH
Or you cant read
Electric circus
Circus

Aka clowns, animals, acrobats,
I think OP ment circuits not circus. Haha
Evidently it's also a bar in canada and also a album from some bad rapper. Thanks wiki