New to BRM

Combine17

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GTD
Hey guys,
let me start of....Im very very familiar with ALH engines and the whole MK4 line...this is my first MK5. So pretty much im just looking for advice/tips/tricks etc that differ from mk4 to an Mk5
So i recently bought a 2006 Jetta TDI 5 Speed- 347 000 - Paid 3400.
The car:

Turbo was replaced around 247 000. Not sure why but have the receipt.
Intake was cleaned during the process.
CAM was also replaced around 200 000.
Cam shows price of 450 dollars...but the whole bill came to over 2000
picture of turbo:

Clutch was apparently done..same with the timing belt but i dont have receipts.
I took a look at the belt and the tensioner.
Here is the pic.
What do you guys think? still good?
Im planning on replacing the timing belt anyway...

Clutch i will eventually replace with a sachs vr6/g60 combo that i have spare.
I heard they fit the BRM engines just fine?
I want to delete the WHOLE egr system eventually and get a tune. (malone)
I REALLY like the darksidedevelopments egr delete kits. but im not sure which fits..
Im guessing this one?
http://www.darksidedevelopments.co....9-8v-tdi-pd130-egr-delete-race-pipe-51mm.html
also, 2 block off plates are needed? and some sort of a coolant hose (to delete the egr cooler/flex pipes)
Not sure if the block off plates are the same as ALH plates...if anyone could confirm. Same with the rubber hose.
I will also be getting a full exhaust eventually from buzzken (HIGHLY RECOMMEND) I run his exhausts on 2 of my ALHs and love it.
either way ill be getting a malone tune afterwards.
next thing,
I picked up LiquiMoly TOPTEC 4100 5L engine oil from A&A for 35 dollars a jug. Looks like its proffered from idparts as well.

Also picked up an air filter, cabin filter and fuel filter - all made by MANN.
Lastly i went ahead wiith OEM tranny fluid (i ran MT-90 in my MK4s...want to try OEM this time)
The part number of the TRANNY fluid "G 060 726 A2" ....its suppose to be for a 5 speed BRM engine...can anyone confirm that? ..tranny holds 1.9L?

SO thats that.
Now,
The car runs fine, literally needs nothing...no lights on cluster at all.
it does sound like there is some sort of a boost leak though.
If the car is idling..the first 2 minutes or so it sounds fine...after that it sounds like sort of a PUMP turns on and tries to suck air...kind of a like a boost leak. BUT as soon as i step on the trottle it goes away and then runs fine again...then repeats.
I checked for any boost leaks but it seems fine. the only thing i found was this hose running from the air box to the turbo? it was ripped.
Also noticed there is a bit of oil on back of the turbo....not sure if the hose is coming off or what it is. I read something about the actuator being bad around 1800rpms?
Here is the picture of the hose running from the airbox:

Buzzken also told me these cars have wiring issues. (under the airbox)
I quickly checked it out but didnt have time to take apart any wires. (harness chaffe)
I looked at the fusebox in the engine and the connections looked corrodded...so i cleaned all that up.

Anything else i should check or know about?
Car has rust on it but ill be going to VW for rust warranty.