16725 - Camshaft Position Sensor (G40) P0341 - 000 - Implausible Signal

lirunaway

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 VW Golf TDI, Model Year:2006 Code:6 MFG:07/05 Vin:9BWGR61J364004114 Sales Model:9B1 538 Description:1.9 TDI High 100 Engine:BEW Type:TD CCM:1896 KW:74 Description:Pumpe-D... Transmission:GPC Type:A Number:09AH GVWR:4097 Front:2269 Rear:1850
I didn't get a Cel yet, but I have VCDS and it pulls up this code "16725 - Camshaft Position Sensor (G40) P0341 - 000 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent". I've searched around and have seen post about it really being wire connections or timing belt needing a change and Cam position out of range past -4.0 or +4.0. I only found one connector for it and it secures it well. Connections look clean. I put some dielectric grease in there anyway. I changed the timing belt and checked the torsion value witch I believe goes by this sensor. I was running +.05 and tried to retard it. At one point I was at -4.3 and another point I was at +7.8. I got -1.0 and almost left it there. I wish I did. I kept playing and it went to 0.0. I kept retarding little by little and it would stay at 0.0. I kept going till it started ticking badly. I tried advancing and it's still at 0.0. I believe the sensor decided to quit when I needed it. Right now it's just at a point at or close to original where the car starts and runs better. :rolleyes:

I thought I'd get some opinions. Do you think the computer put it at 0.0 because it saw it changing back and forth too much? Do you think I need a new sensor? Is there an updated sensor? I searched around and keep coming up with a Jetta sensor or a sensor that looks like the Jetta sensor. Hard to find one that looks like mine. I wonder if the other could be better if it still mounts correctly of course.

Thank you in advance for your help.