MK7 CP3 Teaser

Boostingperformance

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk4 Jetta, Mk5 Jetta, B5.5, Mk7 Golf TDI RLine
This is to show that its possible.
I will not inform anyone about the details of the parts used! Please don't ask.

Last edited:

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
Then why post? The purpose of these forums is to learn.
I'm sure you're not the only one that's tinkered with this either.
Also, pics not working

Last edited:

Boostingperformance

Veteran Member
TDI
Don't worry the kits are coming!!!
Im not stepping on any toes.

Sorry about the photos, I'm not sure if its me or photobucket. Ill try to have them resolved soon.

I know of another Mk7 with with CP3 and a lot more!!!

Next up AWD conversions.

Boostingperformance

Veteran Member
TDI
Vplukas, your sportwagen has a nasty CP4 high pressure fuel pump, first photo.

Pmoulton, no ETA on the kits yet but its very soon, you are looking at only the second mk7 to have a CP3 installed and the first kit was installed within the same 24hr period!

This should keep the hope alive for anyone faithful enough not to take the buy back. We have a solution for VW's ignorance to cutting cost at are disposal. VW and Bosch can say what they want but the factory HPFP is nothing more then a unit that was developed to make both the companies more money at a faster pace.

Mr.TDI

TDI
15 GSW
can you explain what the benefits of this pump is. i just googled cp3 and was left with a vague description. do you need a tune to go with it?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Shife

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SE DSG White/Beige
Can you show some sort of documented issue with the MK7 HPFP on the EA288 TDI??? These have been in wide use in Europe since 2012 without the failure rate of the previous generation. It appears you are trying to market a solution for a problem that doesn't exist.

Seriously.. something other than hyperbole and strong rhetoric. Where is the supporting documentation that this is any sort of a widespread problem?

Boostingperformance

Veteran Member
TDI
Ok so maybe there hasn't been widespread failure but I would be willing to bet if or rather when the CP4 fails its going to cost that owner a lot more then its going to cost a cp3 owner to repair. So maybe the new CP4's aren't failing at the same rate as the old ones. Would you reinstall a CP4 after the first failure? The amount of design changes made in CP4 are not very substantial. The HPFP is going to fail like every other part at some point and when they fail its or horrendous mess. This isn't a VE pump that just stops working were talking about destroying the entire fuel system. Even if you get 200-300k miles out of the CP4 when it fails is it worth ditching your vehicle for almost nothing or use a bunch of used parts to repair and hope for the best?

Shife

Veteran Member
TDI
You appear to be ginning up imaginary fear in order to generate interest in your pending CP3 kit?

Boostingperformance

Veteran Member
TDI
Nope I don't have the means to produce the parts, nor do I have anyone producing these parts for me to sell to profit any way from. Im not even letting anyone know where this kit came from!

I do know that my Mk7 will not have a CP4 failure because it no longer runs on one!!!!

Boostingperformance

Veteran Member
TDI
Shife I can tell you that your CP4 has a list price of $1200+ and I can buy about 5 CP3 pumps for that price what does that tell you bud?

andyrooski17

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE DSG
Very confusing thread.

As is OP's claim of owning a "Mk7 Golf TDI RLine". Importing from the UK or Australia?

Boostingperformance

Veteran Member
TDI
No guy, I have R bumper cover, headlights, steering wheel. working on side skirts, rear valance. what else do I need to make it R line?

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
I'm sure I could take a good guess at who is doing the kit, nice to see either way. As for the pumps failing, our CP4.1 pumps are similar to those one the CKRA in the Passats with far fewer failures than the MK6 Golfs/Jettas...hence, I'm not worried at all about pump life.

What I would be interested in, is if the benefits for the CP3 would be similar in nature as they are in the MK6 cars. Things like a slight uptick in fuel economy, and the ability to produce extra fueling for future upgrades. Though, I have yet to hear of any fueling limits on the EA288.

viking427

Veteran Member
TDI
VW
Looks like a Bosch pump off a euro Skoda, Seat, T5 2.0 TDI
0445010507R
03L130755
03L130755A
...whoops, did I just say that out loud ? ;)

This is to show that its possible.
I will not inform anyone about the details of the parts used! Please don't ask.

redbarron55

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI Executive
The new window motors are clean diesel with SCR for the emissions.
On the new TDIs the engine exhaust will pass through these motors to clean up the exhaust and add extra boost to the turbos for sticky windows.
The final clean up will be the wiper motor for the rear window, meaning the the only cars sold will be GSWs.

Shife

Veteran Member
TDI
Shife I can tell you that your CP4 has a list price of $1200+ and I can buy about 5 CP3 pumps for that price what does that tell you bud?
It tells me that you are more worried about it than I am.

Feel free to link to a thread... any thread... in which EA288 HPFPs are being described at having a failure rate that would be of any concern to anyone.

Take your time...

Boostingperformance

Veteran Member
TDI
Shife you must have one of those magical machines that never fails, or maybe a genie that grants you wishes?

The CP4s will fail and the problem is when they fail what occurs after.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Shife you must have one of those magical machines that never fails, or maybe a genie that grants you wishes?

Never deal in absolutes. ;)

The 2015 engine has no track record of this happening. It has no track record at all really. Check back in a few years and we can gather data until then.

Shife

Veteran Member
TDI

Well they've been in widespread use since 2012 with an absolute crapload of them roaming around Europe, so again.... please link to some sort of discussion where these are being described as an item with a higher than normal failure rate.

No rush...