Washer Fluid Tank Problem

Cephyr13

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI, 6MT
I think my washer fluid filler nozzle has possibly popped out and that's why my filler tank isn't filling up. Is there a "How To" or can someone tell me how to fix this?

Thanks!

B100

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf
Have you checked your muffler bearings? Failing that, do you see a leak below the washer reservoir? Are you saying that the top flap has gone missing? Just make up a plug, or buy a new flap from VW.

Cephyr13

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI, 6MT
I think I'm getting my cars mixed up regarding which one has a filler nozzle that problematically detaches from the washer fluid reservoir.

I'll just share my problem and you. I fill up the wiper fluid reservoir, and the washer fluid doesn't last hardly any time at all. It's like the tank is very small. Could there be a crack and it's leaking out? Or is there some other purpose for this. (This really isn't my car. I'm checking for my mother, and you're getting hearsay until I get a chance to check the car out myself) Just figured I'd see if this was a common problem with these cars.

Thanks.

pineapple

TDI
2001 jetta gls 5speed manual
The washer fluid pump is at the bottom of the tank. Maybe it came loose, it seals with an o-ring. If it has come loose all you have to do is push it back in.