Board slowdown

sunline

Veteran Member
TDI
04 TDI Jetta
Forums seem to have slowed down a few days ago; takes a very long time to load pages. Me or the board? Inquiriing minds wanna know...

TT71

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta DSG
I have been having the same problem. However My moms computer with a slower dsl line loads the sight faster than my cable. At work it loads faster. All other sites I go to on my machine load normal. But yesterday and today life has been good on this site. Iam getting proper load speeds.
I consider the site worth the wait. I just don't view as much when things slow down.

sunline

Veteran Member
TDI
04 TDI Jetta
I see you are in WI, are you on centurytel? that is my provider here and it takes 2 or 3 minutes to load the club pages. 3mb dsl.

TT71

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta DSG
No I'm on Time Warner Cable's Road Runner. The dsl that I used was my mom's in Chicago and thats AT&T. When I was having problems with the site loading. It would take a good 2 minutes or so like you. But it was the only page that was slow to load. I'm just happy that yesterday and today the speed has returned.

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
If this happens, please note the "Page generated in 0.16302 seconds with 10 queries" note at the bottom of the page. It can help determin where the problem is. Also is this a specific time when this happens at?

TT71

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta DSG
VW Derf said:
If this happens, please note the "Page generated in 0.16302 seconds with 10 queries" note at the bottom of the page. It can help determin where the problem is. Also is this a specific time when this happens at?
Thanks for pointing that out. I do most viewing late at night past 10:00pm. However, on my off days thursday thru saturday. I have been on the boards during the day and it would be the same slow speeds. I do have to say that the past 3 days have been good with acceptable speeds.

sunline

Veteran Member
TDI
04 TDI Jetta
Mine has that info at the bottom with 13 quiries but takes upwards of 2 minutes to load. Happens all the time for me for the last 5 or 6 days now. Something in my browser messed up? I updated firefox and have zonealarm with avg anitvirus. this is the only slow site everything else pops quick, near instantaneously most sites. Thanks Steve

sunline

Veteran Member
TDI
04 TDI Jetta

Page generated in 0.19250 seconds with 15 queries[Output: 82.91 Kb. compressed to 77.89 Kb. by saving 5.01 Kb. (6.05%)]
still very slow to load for me, sometimes a page will pop after i get to the main board but mostly it is 2 minutes or so to get a page. thanks

sunline

Veteran Member
TDI
04 TDI Jetta
board back up to speed; dont know what happened or what I did. Tried to upload a corrupted file to Qloader and next thing I know the club pops again. Go figger....