3.0 With Eligible Previous Owners, Any Way to Verify If Previous Have Registered?

jibberjive

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 GSW
Is there any way to verify whether the previous owner of my Gen 1 3.0 have registered for their Eligible Previous Owner restitution? It would definitely be nice to know, as it makes a $6k+ difference to me. Thoughts?

dunerking

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta TDI
Good question,as I'm also interested in if the previous owner of our Cayenne is registered.

az7000'

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI (gone), 2014 Passat TDI (gone), 2014 Touareg TDI (Amazing!)
Deadline to register is either May 1 or 11th i think. I'd guess just wait and see...

nayr

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Audi Q7
If a single owner whom sold after Jan 31st 2017 you'd be in the clear.. carfax would tell you that; otherwise its a flip of the coin.. perhaps in your favor, as I doubt anyone savvy to the scandal or even cared about it would be dumping a 3.0L back to a dealer when they just had to hold onto it for a few more months for full payout.

otherwise until the deadline has passed you wont know, I think Audi is May 1st, VW is May 11th?

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
...and even after the deadline has passed, you probably won't know until you get an offer.

saggii

Veteran Member
TDI
No longer - Jetta(s), A6
I think we will have an idea when we would be able to register when the site opens up for registration after May 11 or so just like 2.0. But that will be tentative number only since the fix timings also affects the numbers.
Also, there is a little complexity that is involved in 3.0 to determine eligible previous owners because there could be duplicate claims, fake claims, claims due to typo in inputting VIN, etc. Once the previous owners are verified only then VW will be able to divide the restitution. So there is that. It would be interesting to see how they will actually do it. I would say end of this year to see any real money

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man
I think we will have an idea when we would be able to register when the site opens up for registration after May 11 or so just like 2.0. But that will be tentative number only since the fix timings also affects the numbers.
Also, there is a little complexity that is involved in 3.0 to determine eligible previous owners because there could be duplicate claims, fake claims, claims due to typo in inputting VIN, etc. Once the previous owners are verified only then VW will be able to divide the restitution. So there is that. It would be interesting to see how they will actually do it. I would say end of this year to see any real money
I agree that it will be easy for people to "Claim" interest in a vehicle, proving it will be a different story. It wont take until the end of the year for the money to start dropping once owners start turning their cars in. I could see a scenario where VW withholds owner ca$h while possible former owners are "investigated".

jables

TDI
B5.5 Passat
If a single owner whom sold after Jan 31st 2017 you'd be in the clear.. carfax would tell you that; otherwise its a flip of the coin.. perhaps in your favor, as I doubt anyone savvy to the scandal or even cared about it would be dumping a 3.0L back to a dealer when they just had to hold onto it for a few more months for full payout.

otherwise until the deadline has passed you wont know, I think Audi is May 1st, VW is May 11th?
Are previous owners not eligible to file a claim after jan 31 2017?

dunerking

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta TDI
Is there a way to check if the previous owner has filed a claim? Thanks and sorry if this has been answered. I've searched,but there is so many threads that stray off path that I can't read it all.

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
Is there a way to check if the previous owner has filed a claim? Thanks and sorry if this has been answered. I've searched,but there is so many threads that stray off path that I can't read it all.
Start a claim and get to the amount part. If its $5K restitution, they filed. if its $10-11K, then they did not

mrahul

TDI
But I spoke to them yesterday and they said all 'previous owners claims will be processed by the 17th of this month'.
so if an invalid claim is filed by previous owner, it will fall off or if it was a valid one, they will be paid.
hope that it is true. my 2013 was sold after Jan 31st but the previous owner filed a claim.

Dr Chill

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 A8L TDI
When I called yesterday about my Chase email not arriving, I asked if a former owner/lessee filed a claim and was told the former lessee did. Also that if their appropriate documentation wasn't received by 7/17 then I'd be getting a top up payment. My Chase email came 8 hrs later.

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk

dunerking

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta TDI
Our restitution amount says $8299... does that seem correct? Seems that the previous owner hasn't applied for some restitution.

duratitus

Veteran Member
TDI
Several different models. Selling them back to VW
I have a 2014 Cayenne that is in that same restitution price range.

If a previous owner requested seller restitution your portal would be giving you half of the amount you're seeing.

mrahul

TDI
when would we know if previous owner was ineligible (sold car after Jan 31st, 2017) but still made a claim.
Is there a cut off date by which VW will process previous owners claims?

nayr

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Audi Q7
Eligible Previous owners had to register before May 1st, if they didnt its too late.. if they did and they dont complete the followup paperwork before 60 days after the settlement (IIRC that date already passed) then they are also boned.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
Our restitution amount says $8299... does that seem correct? Seems that the previous owner hasn't applied for some restitution.
Sounds correct. Then add your $1500 Bosch.

ujames

TDI
YES
Eligible Previous owners had to register before May 1st, if they didnt its too late.. if they did and they dont complete the followup paperwork before 60 days after the settlement (IIRC that date already passed) then they are also boned.
The "settlement participation" payment VW/Audi pays now to 3.0 Gen2 owners are supposed to be half the total, correct?

Interestingly, when I filed when the 3.0 portal opened up it said I would only get $4300 - half the total restitution (which I interpreted as a previous owner registered). Today, I received a check for $4300 (I was expecting to receive $2150, so half of the $4300). Could this mean that the previous owner didn't follow up with the required paperwork?

dunerking

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta TDI
I maybe wrong but it seems u did only receive half at $4300. Full would've been $8600-ish.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
I maybe wrong but it seems u did only receive half at $4300. Full would've been $8600-ish.
Yes, but he wouldn't have received full restitution now. The participation payment is half the restitution amount.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
The "settlement participation" payment VW/Audi pays now to 3.0 Gen2 owners are supposed to be half the total, correct?

Interestingly, when I filed when the 3.0 portal opened up it said I would only get $4300 - half the total restitution (which I interpreted as a previous owner registered). Today, I received a check for $4300 (I was expecting to receive $2150, so half of the $4300). Could this mean that the previous owner didn't follow up with the required paperwork?
Looks like you won the lottery!

mrahul

TDI
Yes, but he wouldn't have received full restitution now. The participation payment is half the restitution amount.
When I filed the claim, it showed the amount of "$4270 VW will pay you". So I was under the impression that the previous owner filed a claim ( which should not be valid as he sold it after 31st Jan.) and I need to wait till it falls off to get full restitution. So, if I go ahead and get this processed, I will be getting $4270 as part of first payment? Is there any way we can know previous owner got half of it?
My documents have been stuck in processing stage since June and have no clue as to what happened to the previous owner claim.

Gilbert

TDI
TOUAREG
My documents have been stuck in processing stage since June and have no clue as to what happened to the previous owner claim.
So have mine. I have called several times and never get a real answer about anything other than the advice to check my email daily.

Is there anyone who has actually called about the slow claim processing who was given a real answer?