Porcelain blue Touch-up Paint

keks

Veteran Member
TDI
98 porcelain Blue Jetta TDI,,usually seen lurking within a 15 mile radius east of the City.
I have I couple little scratches on the sides and the back bumper.

Any suggestions?

My color is Procelain Blue.

The car = 98 Jetta

slix98TDI

TDI
1998 Jetta TDI
Your local VW 'stealership' should have a touchup pen for sale. I tried to get touch-up paint at a paint & body supply store a couple years ago for my 98 (Tornado Red) but they couldn't (or wouldn't) supply a small quantity.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
I will be stopping by my local stealer on Fri. to pck up some cluster bulbs(if they have them)and I will check on the Porcelain Blue touch up paint.If they have some, want me to pick some up for you( I think it could go through Post office)?I did have local Carquest mix up a small batch last year-I think it was around $16 for 8 ozs.

keks

Veteran Member
TDI
98 porcelain Blue Jetta TDI,,usually seen lurking within a 15 mile radius east of the City.
I'm guessing the results were pretty good?
I just couldn't see myself spraying my car with the stuff they sell at AutoZone,in fear that it would turn out like Poo.

I just E-mail a dealer not to far from my place and im going to call a couple tomorrow. Lets see what happens from there. Thanks for the offer! If I can't get any, that would work for me if you are willing to do it.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I will post again tomorrow afternoon after I go to stealer.The stuff I had mixed up looks good-I just put it on w/ an artists brush after I clean rust off and use primer.Will have to go over areas again- I wish I would have owned this car since new-rust appearing in alot of places(good ol' road salt).

Last edited:

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Dealer had none in stock-special order.It was $9.95 a bottle.The part # from the book was LST OP2 G5U.

keks

Veteran Member
TDI
gboss said:
+1 for paintscratch.com

Excellent products.

Well paint scratch it is.I'm going to look into what size Im going to need.
There are just a couple scratches on the sides and a couple dings on the roof,looks like hail damage.
I guess I should get a clear coat also?
Anyone ever do this?
Did it turn out ok?

G

gboss

keks said:
Well paint scratch it is.I'm going to look into what size Im going to need.
There are just a couple scratches on the sides and a couple dings on the roof,looks like hail damage.
I guess I should get a clear coat also?
Anyone ever do this?
Did it turn out ok?
Yes, you will need the color, clear coat, 1000grit sandpaper, and rubbing compound.

I did this on my old car (1995 2.slow). It will come out very well if you take your time and follow all the instructions they give.