VW 5th & 6th gear add on kit

mrGutWrench

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, 5-speed, 563K Miles (July '23)
Has anyone tested this kit? (snip)
__. No but it looks great! I'm sure that with one of those I could beat H2OCop in the mileage competition. Now, let's see if it would save 4% of fuel, that would mean that my mileage would go from 59 to 61.3, times the cost of fuel per miles -- ONLY 8,449,359 miles until I break even. I'm gonna start saving pennies tomorrow!

'

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
What a joke! The factory issue box is garbage. Upgrade to the stronger Audi box. Same money more or less, just have to source the parts.

Toronto_Vento

Top Post Dawg
TDI
01 Baltic Green Bora
Uh, hate to tell you this, but the TDIs actually have a unique gearing compared to the gassers. The commercial 6th gear add-ons DO NOT work unless they are specifically for the TDI. You may even end up with a slightly shorter 6th than your current 5th (you want taller...not shorter). The only way to do a 6 speed conversion is the european gearbox right now. There was a company which had a kit for the A3s since there was no 6 speed option...but they have stopped making the kit. It was a european company, and apparently people who want the 6 speed in their A3s there, just go to a junkyard and pick up a 6 speed tranny for less than the gear upgrade.