Possible Victoria meet April ??

.:dieselboy:.

TDI
2010 Golf
Which ferry are people taking from Swartz bay? It's looking like the 9am will have us in Clover point about 11:15-ish..

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
Which ferry are people taking from Swartz bay? It's looking like the 9am will have us in Clover point about 11:15-ish..
I think you mean Tsawassen. If you're taking a ferry from SWB you'll be heading the wrong way! :D

And considering I make the drive from the ferry terminal into town all the time, I can tell you that you won't be at Clover Point by 11:15. Maybe 11:30 at the earliest but more likely 11:45.

Shouldn't be a problem showing up a bit late if we stick around Clover Point for an hour or so before we leave. This gives everyone a chance to make their way there and for peoiple to do a little meet-and-greet. We'll be leaving right around 12 noon for the cruise and then we'll be at My Chosen Cafe in Metchosin after the cruise is over, probably sometime around 1:00 or 1:30.

bikerboyriley

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 golf 2 door
HEy blizzard. That gli steering wheel, do you know if the airbags are interchangeable from my 4 spoke to that one? I would be interested in it if so

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Sorry but the GLI steering wheel is a 3-spoke and requires a different airbag. I have the same wheel in my car so I know first-hand. The steering wheels come up for sale quite often but the airbag is the costly part and can be difficult to find for sale! I waited almost 2 months until I found one.

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I think you and Marie are the only TDI coming from the USA this time Jorry. Doubt anyone else will be coming on the Anacortes boat besides yourselves. :D

Last edited:

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
So I called My Chosen Cafe to reserve a table for 10-12 people for 2 pm on Sunday ... only to be informed that they don't accept reservations and it's a first-come-first-serve basis! How ridiculous is that?! I've had to wait almost 45 minutes for a table there before on a weekend for lunch and that was only for 6 people.

Other options available in the area:

Original Joe's, Olympic View Golf Course (Forester's Grill), Bear Mountain Golf Course (Players' Lounge - great view from the deck!), 6-Mile pub.

Any suggestions or preferences from the other locals?

Zedbra

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta TDI
does anyone have the 12 point socket to adjust my door pin, please? if so, please bring it along so i can pull my passenger door in a few mm

OrdinaryGirl

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
Plus the Canucks aren't playing till tomorrow night...

Whatevs, we're still not 100% on meeting at clover point but we should at least meet up with you guys at mychosen or somewhere on the way!

Last edited:

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Whatevs, we're still not 100% on meeting at clover point but we should at least meet up with you guys at mychosen or somewhere on the way!
I guess you didn't catch my earlier post about calling My Chosen to try and reserve a table. They don't accept reservations and a table for 10+ people is gonna be at least a 30-40 minute wait so we're not going there. Still up in the air but I listed a few choices. if you want to find out where we are, I'll PM you my cell and you can text or call me and I can let you know what the plan is and where we're headed.

Zedbra

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta TDI
the rest of the group is eating now, I'm waiting for the ferry, so i thought I would upload a few pics. Great weather - good turnout. We will have to do Victoria again for a GTG.

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Decent turnout for the Victoria GTG today! Great weather too! It was nice to meet everyone and see the cars, although we coulda used a few more cars (not so sublte hint!!).

^^ B4 Syncroo with a TD but still a diesel!! ^^

^^ Jorry's TDI gets the award for furthest distance travelled for this GTG! ^^

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Pics from our mini cruise from Clover Point, along Dallas Rd, to Beach Dr, through Uplands, then past the University to our final destination for lunch.

Last edited:

OrdinaryGirl

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
Thanks for the awesome cruise team!!!! Hope you all had safe travels home :)

We went to pick up the single cab and the jack went through the frame so we had to walk away. But at least I had a great cruise with you guys! On the search again...

whatnxt

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Q5 TDI Premium +
Great time and the weather was good. Just what we needed.

Nice to meet some new members and see some great looking cars.

Ed don't know about the longest trip, put less than 200 miles on the car and that was taking the coast road the the ferry. :)

Hope to see everyone again.

glitdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Tdi asv motor in a mk3 golf, om642 in a wk jeep
Very impressed with the turn out... will have to make a trip over for the next one.

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
I was disappointed that I was working these past two weekends so wasn't able to get down to Victoria (I live a couple hours north on Vancouver Island).
Thanks to Ed for organizing, and please continue to keep me informed of future GTGs.