1.9 d camshaft vs 1.9 tdi camshaft

quimera

TDI
seat ibiza 1.9 tdi
Does anyone know if a 1.9 d camshaft is better then a 1.9 tdi camshaft for power enhancements?
Usualy (not in every) in gas engines the non turbo engine cam's are better then the turbo engine cam's cause they have better angle

I also want to know if anyone knows were can i get a better exhaust header, i'm thinkin in a costum header or something like that, my engine is a vw 1.9 tdi ALH.

cumps!

Last edited:

bhodgkiss

Veteran Member
TDI
AFN Passat Wagon
old post i know but....

is the SDI camshaft an upgrade for the tdi version? Is it higher lift etc?
does it drop straight in etc? :)

Thanks

bhodgkiss

Veteran Member
TDI
AFN Passat Wagon
and is it a straight fit into VE engines such as the AFN? Or was it transverse only and are there differences?

JFettig

Vendor
TDI
B5 Passat, 2010 Jetta
I think andy2 is running a 1.6 turbo diesel cam in his build.

There was talk on this site or another one(I forget) showing how the aba(?) gasser cam is a huge upgrade if you can adapt the timing pulley system to it

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
Didn't someone just post a chart thing about all the different cams recently? I thought I seen that but could've dreamt it lol.

Satiro

Veteran Member
TDI
IBIZA 1.9TDI 110hp AFN 1998
i had installed one 1.9 sdi camshaft, and idle was terrible... that camshaft was installed in my car(AFN) a few minutes only.
R.:)

shortysclimbin

Veteran Member
TDI
Kubvan, mk2 golf, mk6 golf
I have tried a few camshafts including adapted aba cams. After running a tdimeister designed cam I am not going back.. Granted they are a lot of work to put in, but you really gain that back in power and usable powerband. The ABA cam does idle rough.

Satiro

Veteran Member
TDI
IBIZA 1.9TDI 110hp AFN 1998
hi satiro, yes i read your post with the sdi cam issues, are you sure it was actually the cam?
Hi, i'm sure was the cam. I think was from AEY engine(I'm not sure at all), i don't know if another sdi engines possible have correct cams.

andy2

Veteran Member
TDI
13 Jetta,94 Golf drag car 585bhp,Samurai buggy BHW 300bhp,97 Ram cummins
I think andy2 is running a 1.6 turbo diesel cam in his build.

There was talk on this site or another one(I forget) showing how the aba(?) gasser cam is a huge upgrade if you can adapt the timing pulley system to it
I had issues running the 1.6 and 1.9td cams.We still have the ALH cam but are looking at other options.We are doing some tests on the old diesel cams and will find out if we might use one again.