2004 V10 Touareg TDI with Stage II Cam and Hybrid Turbos

addicted

TDI
2004 Touareg TDI
3K on the engine 176K on the truck.
Asking $23,900
Located in Savannah GA.
Will take partial trades on FJ40 parts or diesel parts/ tools.

Trying to load pictures on Picasa and hasn't worked you can find the ad I posted on my Land cruiser forum here and it has a few photos.

http://forum.ih8mud.com/vehicles-tr...i-touareg-custom-performance.html#post7837782.

First with the bad:
-Has a dent on the passengers side all the way down where some slid up against something. Not horrible but there.
-Just ran some diagnostics and the drivers side MAF needs replaced or cleaned.
-Small oil leak out of the passengers side valve cover. Leaves about 1 small droplet every time you park.
-Needs another hood shock (stays up but one no longer holds pressure)
-Missing drivers side plastic on inner door that to help seal out the elements (still works as it has redundant seals).
-Trip Tronic is missing the magnet on the selector. Works as I tested it before the teardown but I lost the magnet at some point.

The Good.
-Has the cold weather package with heated steering wheel, and all seats. The separate rear AC is awesome for family in the back as they can dial in their own temp and fan speed. That with the roll up shades for the baby in the windows seals the deal. As well as Wabasto heater (function not enabled) to heat up the block on cold days.
-Does have the electric rear locker.
-Has towing package which is AWESOME as I've towed our pop up camper with it and the anti-sway controller works amazingly.

The REALLY Good:
-I will pay for shipping anywhere in the lower 48 at the above asking price.
-Custom Stage II camshaft ground by Frank's TDI. Not only for performance but reduces wear on the flat tappet system due to the lobe design.
-Custom hybrid turbo's with 56mm compressor wheels. (Increases boost, Reduces EGTs with efficiency and prolongs turbo life).
-Brand stinking new factory batteries.
-New front drive shaft and aftermarket Vortex rear bearing support so you never have to deal with the driveshaft failure again.
-Gutted catalytic converters yet retains the factory appearance for those few places that mandate a visual inspection.
-Custom tune by Malone Tuning on the engine. Deleted the 02 sensors (require dropping engine to replace) and turning the EGR all the way down to stop the crud build up in the intake. Tuned up as high as he would go and still feel safe with the turbos'. I personally believe it is very very conservative but still fun.
Rebuilt upper end with all new bearings, bolts, and hardened nitrated cam followers (yes all of the V10 engines camshafts fail as well.). My neighbors 06 TDI failed 2 weeks ago, my instructor pilots last year, and another member on this forum in my area had them fail in his V10 last month. Again this requires dropping the engine to replace. Every single one of them changed the oil with VW spec oil and less than the recommended oil change interval. Replaced all the sensors that go bad and require dropping the engine while it was out. Checked the bottom end, the pump, and all the cylinder linings while the heads were off.

The Extras:
-I have a full factory manual on digits that gives you every spec and walks you thru every single procedure there is on the Touareg.
-Ross-Tech cable
-I will throw in my HP laptop computer for your own diagnosing and trouble shooting with the deal.
-400W inverter
-Custom fit window shade (Is amazing compared to the crappy things you buy at Walmart).
-I do have the keys for the factory Thule Roof Rack.
-I have tapped and installed the EGT probe and the boost sensor for a 3-1 gauge pod in the cab. I have yet to install though as I haven't found the best place to put it. Allows you to monitor EGT/Boost/ and Trans temp all at once.
-2 extra batteries...one factory, the other interstate. Both are at about 95% and have pulled a load test on them.

Tows great, really comfortable. Save yourself the trouble with buying one that is still stock and going to have camshaft failure. Took me 10 months, tons of research and custom planning, more money in the rebuild and extra parts than in the darn car. So save yourself a year of heartache and the purchase price of a whole new car and have one that is already done for you.

Reason for selling you ask? I deploy for a year in December and wife is not staying in the area, we are purchasing my wive's old child hood home unexpectedly and kinda of last minute, and as part of my 12 step plan I am working on reducing from the 6 very fun but not necessary cars I had at the beginning of the year to two and this is the LAST one (Minus the FJ62...also for sale in the background) to go before reaching my goal. One is my wive's 08 diesel Bluetec so I don't get to touch that one and the other is my old Land Cruiser (also Mercedes diesel engine) that I will never ever ever sell. Love this car especially when towing but life's priorities get in the way.

Please feel free to ask any questions but I leave on Saturday for 2 weeks so it will be awhile before I can reply. Please hit me up by e-mail if you want to reach me at jasontraylor at geeeemail dot com

Last edited:

spartan

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat Wagon
Man, I absolutely love that interior color. It was almost the sole reason for me buying one, but in the end I couldn't afford the maintenance. Looks like most of it has been taken care of on this one, GLWS!