Mk1 1z swap airbox question

swapmeat

Veteran Member
TDI
b4v....died, engine swapped into mk1 caddy
Is anyone running one and what did you use? Pics? Trying to get this crap cone off my maf! Thanks

swapmeat

Veteran Member
TDI
That would be great if I could find one And it not be 3 million dollars. Lol

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
82 rabbit vnt ahu, 98 jetta vnt ahu, 05 parts car, 88 scirocco.. :/
mid-80's jaguar xj6 airbox ftw :) the basic 1-gallon paint-can type. easy to fit anywhere and make a true "CAI" for it

swapmeat

Veteran Member
TDI
I've seen that but where's your placement? Is it on the pass frame rail like your cone in the pic of your truck build. My cone is placed basically the same. If I wasn't computer dumb if show you. But I can only easily text or email pics

swapmeat

Veteran Member
TDI
Burpod you have pics of your rabbit somewhere.... All you guys have been a big help.......my truck isn't the prettiest but it's fun. Full 1z Tdi drivetrain and front brakes , sprint 764,inmotion stage 2, 2.5 turbo back...... Ce2 wiring, good size spearco front mount intercooler very budget, and funtional.... Cleaning stuff up as I go

vw_nut

Veteran Member
TDI
, 1981 VW pickup TDI Conversion, , 2000 Golf TDI,1985 Cabriolet 16V,2006 jetta
If you look where the intercooler is on the driver side mine will be right where battery tray was, i went with a different intercooler it will be in the rain tray, I went with a pd150 drivers side outlet, its at the shop getting done as we speak, I'll have pics later

deecee

Veteran Member
TDI
96 Passat Tornado Red, 99.5 Golf ALH, 2002 Jetta ALH
Sorry to spam but I've got one of the jaguar airboxes that I was about to list for sale if anyone is interested.

swapmeat

Veteran Member
TDI
How much? And what are the actual dimensions? I still have my battery under good and would like to stay pass frame rail. I'll take a pic later too and try to post, but only going off iPhone is pain in the ass. Maybe someone smart can post it for me. Lol

deecee

Veteran Member
TDI
I will measure it and take pics when I get home later. I would like $60 shipped for it.

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
here's mine... GTiTDi is the one who suggested this airbox :D i used an old piece of dash ducting as a snorkel for "CAI", but also in a spot highly unlikely to get water. the dimensions of the airbox is almost exactly a US gallon paint can. one of these days i plan to make my own... quality MANN filters for this airbox are cheap on autohausaz

Last edited:

swapmeat

Veteran Member
TDI
That pic is similar to my bay, except I have an alh intake and it follows top of timing cover. Even your fuel filter mount is where I'm about to put mine and this is the first I'm seeing yours. Lol

2many diesels

Veteran Member
TDI
rabbit pickup 1z swap Audi A4 Quattro ALH. 02 Beetle TDI. 99 Golf TDI. 03 Wagon TDI. 914 Porsche ALH t
Burpod, what washer bottle are you using?

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
i believe that is a 3.6 (?) liter mk3 washer bottle. i'm not sure what bracket i used, it might have been the mk1 rear hatch washer bottle bracket which i bent (pliers) to fit right and bolted to the strut tower. fits nice and solid

deecee

Veteran Member
TDI

It measures 10 1/2 inch x 7 1/2 inch. That's slightly overestimated numbers by 1/2 inch or so.

Last edited:

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
i'm using a couple pieces of silicone and a stock 1' 90deg 2.5" aluminum pipe from siliconeintakes.com and some nice ABA or similar metric stainless non-biting hosing clamps :) very simple. very easy to take apart.

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
There's also the mk2 ecodiesel airbox that G60ing is running on the Corrado 1z. That would increase the size of the panel filter a little as well.

Steve

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
the jag filter flows more than enough for quite a bit of power ;)