Anyone on here recognize this car?

OntarioVW_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 jetta highline
I am buying this car on thursday, and after looking at i i can tell someone has been playing around with it. car has a bigger turbo, egr cooler delete, and a 6 speed swap. The clutch doesnt feel stock in it either. Just hoping to find the person who built it just so i know whats all done to it. I got the car just outside Clinton but not sure where it was originally from.

Last edited:

maxmoo

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 golf, 2001 golf, 2000 beetle, 2003 wagon, 2004 golf, 2004 jetta, all diesels
Your "used vehicle information package ( UVIP )" will list all the previous owners......usually not too difficult to track them down.

OntarioVW_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 jetta highline
Pic doesn't show, but I think I saw the car in Exeter. I have no clue as to its origin but I'll tell you what I observed. It is cobbled up but apparently functional. Turbo appears to be substantial. 2056? Very hard to see it without some disassembly and I didn't have much time.

Creative use of a bowden cable to operate the VNT mechanism with the remote actuator. I'm assuming it has some kind of tune in it, as it would likely set underboost boost fault codes at moderate loads if it didn't. It is possible to run a big turbo without a tune though, if you always drive with the pedal on the floor. No power gain to be had from running it like that though...

It needs lots of cleanup work. I don't see that actuator working well, the mechanism has a fair bit of friction. You'll need a lot of little stuff to bring it back to stock, manifold, turbo, turbo oil feed and drain lines EGR cooler and valve etc. It would probably take less stuff to do a delete tune and a more reasonable turbo setup. Won't be cheap to fix it up, but not outrageous either.

How handy are you?
yup sounds like the same car.

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
Unless you are good at wrenching, I recomend you stay away from any heavily modified cars.

OntarioVW_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 jetta highline
Unless you are good at wrenching, I recomend you stay away from any heavily modified cars.
not to worry, this is my 3rd tdi and 4th diesel car. ive got a pretty good idea what im doing ;) Just got done building a stage 2.8 BMW 335D and some dick head wrote it off, and my previous car was a stage 3.6 2013 jetta. just a little unfamiliar with working on the 06 engines.