My Old Friend Rebuild, 2003 Golf TDI

bbarbulo

Veteran Member
very cool build

I used a Marineco plug but I frenched it into the front left grille (the little plastic insert in the front bumper). I wish I had some pics, but it's really really clean.

LOL by frenched I mean recessed... no offense Louis_TDI, that's just the proper term for it.

Louis_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf Gls
Lol thanks bbarbulo

I actually had the same set up for about 7 years but was getting tired of always having to bend over to unplug it and being in the front of the car the plug is always dirty. I have been using the plug in the fender for a few months now and I'm loving it. It's kinda ugly but so much easier.

bbarbulo

Veteran Member
I think fire trucks use an auto eject plug so when you turn the ignition a solenoid fires out the extension cord :) I'll just leave you with that... Meltric and Kussmaul come to mind

Louis_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf Gls
Time for en update haven’t been doing much with it since I got en E-Golf. She got some new wheels Rex eight found them in a junk yard.

Del_boy_dubs00

TDI
VwGolf mk 4 gti tdi130Pd
Wow, I have a one of these, and she is in need of this, makeover! I’m impressed and this was a great read! Good work mate! :eek:

Louis_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf Gls
Got her ready for a road trip so changed all back breaks including the calipers. The diver side was dragging and considering I had rehabbed these a 4 years ago it was time for new ones. I bough trw aftermarket but I’m quite certain there identical there’s just the vw logo that got ground off.

csstevej

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 golf tdi 4 door auto now a manual, mine, 2000 golf 2 door M/T son's,daughters 98 NB non-TDI 2.0, 2003 TDI NB for next daughter, head repaired and on road,gluten for punishment got another tdi 2001NB,another yellow tdi NB
Very nice read ......great job on the car......did you ever do the ASR mod ?