First VW and TDI

NemTDI

TDI
2015 Golf TDI 6MT
Hi all,

This is my first VW and diesel. I've desired a VW since being driven around in my father's A2 GTD in the old country. Coming from an 8th gen Civic, I love the torque and power of this thing, the solid chassis, brakes, and really, the whole package. Definitely an upgrade. Here she is:

2015 Golf TDI 6MT Trendline with Cruise control and leather wrapped multifunction steering wheel package:

Disclaimer: Photos taken with phone cam.

I'll take more pictures as soon as the weather clears and I wash it (brake dust hell right now)

Cheers!

vwmk4

Veteran Member
TDI
None at this time, Looking for a nice one though.
Congratulations Nice looking MK7. Goes with out saying enjoy.

NemTDI

TDI
2015 Golf TDI 6MT
Thanks for the comments! It's a great car.

Added exhaust tips, they fit pretty well:

Cheers

Last edited:

Louis_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf Gls
Looks good with the exhaust tips I'd need to do something similar with mine. Are those from the dealer or aftermarket? Since your new to VW you might not now about http://www.ottawa-vdubbing.com might be more local for you I noticed your dealer plate cover, they have some local meats in Ottawa if that interest you.

Last edited:

o-iii

TDI
2015 Golf TDI Highline
Welcome! I just picked up mine at the same dealer on Wednesday. Great place to do business. Don't ever use the dealer in Kanata, they suck for service.

NemTDI

TDI
2015 Golf TDI 6MT
new shoes

Just purchased new summer wheels and tires:

17x8 Fast FC04s, they weigh 16 lbs each. Wrapped in 225/45/17 Pirelli PZero All Season Plus tires.

Overall much improved performance.

o-iii, thanks for the tip, but at the last service they overfilled the engine oil. Had to take out between 0.5-1 L (not exactly sure; didn't measure).

WolfsburgGolfTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
MK VI Golf TDI
Nice looking mk7. Have you considered getting the VW/H&R Lowering springs to lower that wheel gap a bit?

Also, have you looked into doing the Euro LED tail light conversion? Makes the rear look so much nicer IMO.

Cheers and looking forward what else you do to it.

NemTDI

TDI
2015 Golf TDI 6MT
Thanks for the kind comments.

I have considered both of your suggestions and I agree, that would definitely improve the look. Unfortunately I don't want to spend more money on this car without knowing what's going to happen in light of dieselgate, especially in Canada.

Cheers,
n