2011 VW Golf VI BlueMotion

WEDEL.1

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf VI BlueMotion, 1.6TDI - Oettingered
There are a couple more (better) pics of the interior leather work.

The lower panel at the back bumper was painted gloss black, to tie in with the gloss black of the door pillars and the grille.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:

WEDEL.1

Veteran Member
TDI
I took this picture yesterday in Murray Bridge. The BlueMotion stands in front of the house we lived in while I was based here, in about 1979-1980, while working in the South Australian Railways. The house was owned by the Railways.

I'm amazed it is still standing.

Last edited:

WEDEL.1

Veteran Member
TDI
I obtained a price for doing the seats in leather. Surprisingly a good price. :rolleyes:

So far so good, but i need to wait 4-6 weeks to see if it's financially viable.

WEDEL.1

Veteran Member
TDI
What color are you thinking of going with?
The blue that was put on the doors. May have a little perforated leather and was also looking at 2 tone with a light blue that is close to the Glacier Blue colour.

At the moment, I'm favouring single colour with some perforation.

Maris

Last edited:

WEDEL.1

Veteran Member
TDI
Yes it will. The seats already have blue panels, but they are a different shade...so providing the ATO (Australian Taxation Office) doesn't hit me hard at the end of the month....I'll get the ball rolling.

It will take about 3 weeks to complete.

Maris

WEDEL.1

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm being distracted! I saw these on Ebay.

17" Dijon rims with 225/45 X17 Pirelli P7 tyres from a Golf 7 Highline, taken off the car almost on the first day, so they are almost NEW.

Bidding ends Saturday night, and I'm not so sure I can resist them.

Last edited:

WEDEL.1

Veteran Member
TDI
UPDATE;

The wheels didn't happen as they went for too much money.

But, the good news is the leather seats WILL happen. I now need to think of a pattern, colours, perforation and style.

The main colour, of course, will be the blue on the doors.

A couple of styles in contention;

Last edited:

WEDEL.1

Veteran Member
TDI
I bought a spare Wellington wheel on Ebay this week, just to reinforce that I'm not buying bigger wheels.

The rim looks in very good condition with no paint chips or gutter rash.

I hope this theory works :D

WEDEL.1

Veteran Member
TDI
Well, today Julia & I met with Marcus and discussed the upholstery.

We'll be lucky to have it done by the end of the year, he's so busy.

We have, so far, worked out the colours and how they are to be used.

Now the wait begins.

Maris

WEDEL.1

Veteran Member
TDI
My new blue wheel centre caps arrived yesterday. Genuine part (same part number & made in Germany), the VW logo is in the traditional Black/Silver, but the framework is Blue.

More pics when I get them on :D

Last edited:

WEDEL.1

Veteran Member
TDI
Another meeting with Marcus today.

The colours are set in concrete!

The stitching is set.

The embroidery is set (almost).

It will happen on the 25th of November where the current cloth will be removed from the seats and headrests and used as the pattern. We will be able to take the Golf away until the leather is completed, the the Golf will go back to M & C Motor Trimming for reassembly.

I'm starting to get excited!

Maris

WEDEL.1

Veteran Member
TDI
After drooling over a Skoda Octavia Wagon and then a Yeti 103TDI, I decided to keep the BlueMotion. To cement this in place, I bought a set of Mugello rims only, 16 X 6.5. Nothing startling in size, but I mainly wanted to be able to clean the inside of the rims without taking the wheels off, which I have to do with the standard 15".

Going to leave them alone for at least 12 months (I hope) and use up some tyre of the standard ones on the car ATM. Note; these are NOT the ones I bought. Mine are still on the way from Sydney.

WEDEL.1

Veteran Member
TDI
The "new" wheels arrived today and I'm very happy with them :) .

They were fitted to Golf Mk 5 Pacific (run out 2L TSI & TDI) here in Australia and fitted to Mk 6 "TEAM" in Germany.

I will buy some TAR X as the back of the rims have some kind of black substance on them. Together with IRON X they will be squeaky clean! May even have the backs paint work touched up as there are some small gouges where perhaps weights were removed.

Tried one of the Blue caps and they fit perfect.

WEDEL.1

Veteran Member
TDI
Attended the Eurofest here in Adelaide last Sunday and was lucky enough to score a trophy for best "Other Euro" (other than BMW, MB & Porsche).

I thought it would be great to use this as a prelude the the VW show on the 24th.

Less than 2 weeks before Das BlueMotion goes in for the leather.

Quanger

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk4 ALH TDi
I love your car!
I wish my mk4 golf was new and shiny. Its quite old now with quite a few miles. Hope to replace it with something new like yours. Wish we had the bluemotion edition here.

WEDEL.1

Veteran Member
TDI
I love your car!
I wish my mk4 golf was new and shiny. Its quite old now with quite a few miles. Hope to replace it with something new like yours. Wish we had the bluemotion edition here.
Thank you for your nice comment.

Maris

WEDEL.1

Veteran Member
TDI
Attended the Volksfest at Elder Park in Adelaide on the 24th of November. Lucky enough to get 1st in Class.

Oettinger decal replaced with a badge.

The last picture taken of the cloth seats.

Selfie with the trophy. :p

WEDEL.1

Veteran Member
TDI
The seats as they stand now. The back seat and parcel tray are at the upholsterer, and when the pattern of the front seats has been made in leather, the Golf will return.

The plan of trimming the steering wheel and gear lever boot in blue has been abandoned for now, due to the complications of removing the wheel with all the electronics attached. The wheel will need to be removed by a Volkswagen Dealer.

A project for the new financial year as the next project is already defined.

Hopefully in January 2014 the audio unit will be replaced with a touch screen, Sat Nav and Volkswagen reversing camera. An Auto light switch will also be added.

WEDEL.1

Veteran Member
TDI
Another trinket arrived. An aluminium trim for the speakers in the back doors. It doesn't show up in the pictures as well as when viewed. They do stand out.

Before;

After;

WEDEL.1

Veteran Member
TDI
Also, sold the standard 15"wheels and today I replaced the Mk 6 wheels with the Mk 5 wheels I still had. These tyres, Goodyear Eagle NCT 5, had only done 22,000Kms. This will do until I can get the 16" Mugello wheels on.

Donor Golf;

WEDEL.1

Veteran Member
TDI
UPDATE;

After swapping the wheels last Sunday and all being good, I was smacked in the face with a wet fish Monday night!

The Tyre Pressure Sensors were now on the white Golf Trendline!! No more TPS for Das Bluemotion!!

I checked the cost of new ones :eek: . So I called Dean, who is only too happy to take his Golf to the Bridgestone store and have the sensors removed ;) .

Today I received a call from Marcus to say Das Blemotion is required on Monday. Pick up will be Friday 20th :D .

WEDEL.1

Veteran Member
TDI
Picked up the Christina today and couldn't be happier with the work done by Marcus & Carman at M & C Vehicle Trimming. Only the Bluemotion embroidery was not done as both Marcus & I envisaged. Not sure what I'll do about it. Leave it alone for a while & see if I can live with it.

Last edited:

WEDEL.1

Veteran Member
TDI
Solitaire Volkswagen Parts are getting some cheap genuine wheels in. Sizes are 17" & 18". They will arrive around the end of the month.

These are called Blade, 17 X 7. I have already bought the Bridgestone Serenity 225/45X17 tyres.

These are Rotary and I was told they are 17", but in the VW brochures they are 18".