2010 Golf TDI, UMG, DSG

sjjaskow

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI 6M
*drool* interlagos 18"....Would a trade for my 17" Portos interest you? They are just over a month old! :p

Bob Sacamano

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI
any plans for the side markers?
yeah, i really need to figure that out. Last time i checked i saw some for $120. That's ridiculous! I'm not going to pay that much for tinted sidemarkers.

I may have them taken to an autobody and have them color-matched.

*drool* interlagos 18"....Would a trade for my 17" Portos interest you? They are just over a month old! :p

I think that may be an unfair trade. :D Especially since i still have my Portos.

back2vw

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI, 2016 Jetta GLI SEL
yeah, i really need to figure that out. Last time i checked i saw some for $120. That's ridiculous! I'm not going to pay that much for tinted sidemarkers.

I may have them taken to an autobody and have them color-matched.

I think that may be an unfair trade. :D Especially since i still have my Portos.

Two sets are better than one...?

Anyway, you may want to ask a paint shop about professionally tinting the side markers. I'm sure you've seen people do the crappy niteshade spray, but I've seen some lights sprayed properly in paint booths that look really good.
I stuck tinted lamin-x on my side markers and I'm mostly happy with it. It is slightly darker but still plenty visible which I wanted. You can't tell that it is lamin-x stuck on there unless you get up close and poke at it, but having them sprayed would look better.

http://www.rotor-heads.com/images/tdi/lamin-x1.jpg
http://www.rotor-heads.com/images/tdi/lamin-x2.jpg

benIV

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 PG 5m Jetta GL Sedan, 2003 RS 5m Jetta GLS Wagon (Golf Variant)
that is one beautiful interior. is that an option you got at purchase, or is this an aftermarket install? if aftermarket, who did it?

also, all the photos make me miss living in the great northwest. oak harbor whidbey island was my own in the early 90's, and i really miss the area.

Last edited:

benIV

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 PG 5m Jetta GL Sedan, 2003 RS 5m Jetta GLS Wagon (Golf Variant)
that last picture is fantastic. Beautiful car, great color ;)

rawcpoppa

TDI
Jetta TDI
That is a great pic. Made me sign up on this forum!

Question about the Interlagos: I'm purchasing a new Jetta and would like to put these wheels on it, however the ones I'm getting seem to be replicas as the offset is +45 as opposed to the +41 you have. I don't plan on lowering the vehicle. Do you forsee any problems based on the offset difference?

Bob Sacamano

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI
Thanks!!

Shouldn't be a problem.

Sorry it took so long to respond. The email notification didn't alert me for some reason.

rawcpoppa

TDI
Jetta TDI
Email notification didn't work for me either. I've since looked into getting lightweight wheels so changed my mind from interlagos replicas to TSW Nurburgring wheels.

Haven't gotten them yet as I'm unable to decide between mirror polish face finish or matte gunmetal. It's hard to choose wheels for the mk6 jetta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS TDI, 04 RTDI
I was going to ask what the wheel chocks were for, but then I realized the picture was taken on a car ferry. lol

Personally I liked it better on the Interlagos, but to each their own;)

Bob Sacamano

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI
:laugh:

The interlagos are now designated as off-season wheels.

No need to eat ramen everyday. :thumbup: been two + years with interlagos

Last edited: