2010 Golf TDI, UMG, DSG

SRT4Johnny

TDI
2010 Golf TDI White 4 door 6 speed
Bob Sacamano said:
Nope. No HIDs. I've not heard of many or any TDIs that were given the option. I would have liked to have them, but i was more interested in the car.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the xenon lights which to me look like what you have are in fact HIDs. BTW gorgeous car, really like those rims.

Bob Sacamano

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI
SRT4Johnny said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the xenon lights which to me look like what you have are in fact HIDs. BTW gorgeous car, really like those rims.
sorry for the delayed response.

i have Halogen H7 bulbs.

sgoldste01

Veteran Member
TDI
None; Replaced 2010 Golf TDI with 2012 Subaru Impreza 5-door with manual tranny
Bob Sacamano said:
Nope. No HIDs. I've not heard of many or any TDIs that were given the option. I would have liked to have them, but i was more interested in the car.
I have HID Bi-Xenons on my 2010 Golf TDI 4-door (pics to come after the dealer adds body side molding). $700 factory option.

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
Great pics man. Where is that "Diesel" sign at in Seattle? I'll drive down from Oak Harbor to take pics in front of it LOL.

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDIs: 2003 Jetta, 2016 Q5 3.0
hey bob,

How did the guy take this photo?

One guy Driving in a pick up truck and the photographer hanging off the tail gate with the camera low to the ground?

These are super sharp angles and AWSOME photos!!

Bob Sacamano said:

Moccasin

TDI
2010 Golf TDI
^^^Ha! That's incredible... Bob, what are you using for bulbs for your yellow fogs? Was the change a PITA? Car looks very nice...

Bob Sacamano

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI
I'm using the Ziza ones that ECS sells. ecstuning. com

Changing the foglights were a major PITA! I'm sure there has to be an easier way to do it. At the time no one could tell me how to remove the foglight bezel, not even the dealership. So i had to remove the tire, fender liner and bumper shrouding, and it was still hard to change.

sgoldste01

Veteran Member
TDI
None; Replaced 2010 Golf TDI with 2012 Subaru Impreza 5-door with manual tranny
Is it just me, or are most of the pics from this thread missing now?

back2vw

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI, 2016 Jetta GLI SEL
Bob, I love your car. I was drooling over the same pictures on vwvortex.
I'm waiting for out four door UG tdi to come in, and I think those wheels are one of my favorites from vw when mounted on the Golf.
What size tires are you running? They look to have a shorter sidewall than a 225/40. Are you using any wheel spacers?

Last edited:

back2vw

Veteran Member
TDI
Ahh, okay. That would explain the look then. Any reason for 215s instead of 225s?

back2vw

Veteran Member
TDI
I don't have anything new to say, but the car looks amazing.

These forums kill me. Every time I go to buy a new car or truck, I end up with a wish-list of mods a mile long!
On my last truck, I just bought everything I wanted right away and spent several thousand within batting an eye. Oddly enough I only had it for about a year because I wanted something new to mod. Maybe there is a lesson to be learned there? :rolleyes:

Bob Sacamano

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI
i can empathize. Although, I have really taken it easy on this car.

Coils
Wheels
Kenwood head unit relocated from my MKIV
New door speakers
Custom sub enclosure from Audio Integrations.

Pretty much it.

want the Votex kit
delete front badge and plate.
Exhaust tip delete OR split the exhaust like the GTI

back2vw

Veteran Member
TDI
Yeah, I don't want to go crazy on this car either. I don't put as much into the wife's cars as I do my trucks. Every time I get a new truck I end up putting thousands into them in a hurry.

My short list is;
Coilovers
Wheels/tires
Tint
Diesel geek skid and short shifter
Possibly catback or nicer tips
Possibly rns510 and 9w7 at some point

Other than that, just a few convenience and comfort things. I may not do much at all in the end, depends on how much I actually end up driving it. The wife could care less about most of the stuff, except when I showed her pictures of yours! Oops.

I would like to upgrade the speakers but it looks like a nightmare to install something different.