added another TDI to the family

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Since I've been splitting the mileage with the '99.5, this one has slowed some on its miles piling on. Plus I just drug home a 2003 Jetta sedan and a 2005 Passat wagon.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I use my '99.5 Golf as a weekend and shorter road trip car. And I drive the B4, but only occasionally. The BMW and the GSW tend to sit.

oilhammer

TDI
The 2003 Jetta I just drug home has only 104k miles... can't tell you the last time I saw an ALH with that low of miles. Oddly enough, it experienced some sort of "event", and long story short, it needs an engine. :( But still, worth the fix to me.

MB2VW

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SEL,
The 2003 Jetta I just drug home has only 104k miles... can't tell you the last time I saw an ALH with that low of miles. Oddly enough, it experienced some sort of "event", and long story short, it needs an engine. :( But still, worth the fix to me.

I had a 2000 Jetta 5 speed. My big Q: How do you deal with them crappy windows regulators?

benIV

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 PG 5m Jetta GL Sedan, 2003 RS 5m Jetta GLS Wagon (Golf Variant)
Yep...bittersweet, since this will be the last visual milestone for the odometer... but the ECU is still original, so it is still happily counting along.
the odometer stops at 600k?

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
Stops at 1M kilometers. more or less. Apparently the way it works is it starts at 1M and counts down, adding miles (or km) to the gauge. When it gets to 0 it stops. I think the actual number is around 614K.

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
To be pedantic ;)...
1km = 0.621 miles, so probably closer to 621K miles.

How long until we see that come to fruition on IBW, Peter?

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
I think you can re-set it to a lower mileage with VCDS or similar. When mine gets there I plan to set it back to 500K or so, and repeat that last 100K miles.

oilhammer

TDI
I know the cluster allows a one time roll forward as if it was replaced. But rolling it back I don't think VCDS can do. I've done the forward one a handful of times and it even says in there that it only works once. There are some back door hacks that can do it I'm sure.

But the EDC15 ECU will keep on counting. Bosch had more faith in these cars than VDO it seems. :)

oilhammer

TDI
I think that's what Matt used to tweak the CCM in my Golf and the Passat to make the windows all go up and down with the remote.

gmenounos

Vendor
TDI
'99.5 Golf GLS, '01 Jetta GLX Wagon (TDI conversion)
kw1281test can be used to adjust the odometer, do the windows/remote thing, pull the SKC from the cluster, do an immobilizer delete on the EDC15 and a pile of other things.

J_dude

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 1.9l “Jedi”
kw1281test can be used to adjust the odometer, do the windows/remote thing, pull the SKC from the cluster, do an immobilizer delete on the EDC15 and a pile of other things.
Needle sweep and other cluster stuff too, right?

oilhammer

TDI
Honestly I'd just be happy to roll it back to zero. Odometers in Volkswagens are really only for two things: keeping track of PM, and bragging rights. If I have to rely on the EDC15 ECU mileage tracker to brag, so be it. But it would be a little clunky to keep track of PM. This car is so reliable I don't ever need to use the DLC anyway, LOL.

MrCypherr

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk6 Wagon
It would be nice if it rolled, I think it would be easier to keep track, atleast for me. Or like the mk3s, after 300,000 it rolled over and the word 'total' disappeared.

TomJD

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI GLS, 2015 Golf TDI
How high does the trip odometer go? You could always reset that when the odo freezes.

MrCypherr

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk6 Wagon
On canadian cars, its 9999.9kms. Which would actually be handy because I do my oil changes every 10k kms. But I also reset my trip everytime I fill up cause I document every fill up.