added another TDI to the family

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Rescued this one, currently has a tooefed head:

Low miles:

Needs a good, thorough cleaning, but is in overall decent shape. I need to unload the oversized Goodyears, and possibly find some Avus wheels.

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
Looks good Brian. Make sure to cuddle with it for a few weeks to make it feel welcome.

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
Yes, I did mean "rubbage".

When do the mods begin?

oilhammer

TDI
Gotta get it untooefed first. Not sure what all I will want to mod on it. Nothing major really. Probably some bigger nozzles and software.

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
Brian,

Keep an eye out for an Indigo Blue hood, front Grille, and Drivers side Headlight for me will ya :)

My stepmom Tooefd my Golf this past weekend.. :( stupid bambi..

LiLredTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 jetta tdi pd-1989 Jetta IDI-1994 F-250 IDI Turbo
Growler said:
Brian,

Keep an eye out for an Indigo Blue hood, front Grille, and Drivers side Headlight for me will ya :)

My stepmom Tooefd my Golf this past weekend.. :( stupid bambi..
Growler, that sucks. You could always repair it with pickle jar caps.......just kidding, hope you get it sorted out. Did you eat the deer in protest?

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Indigo blue is great. I'm sorry the PO didn't heed your advice and fix it, but you've benefited.

oilhammer

TDI
IndigoBlueWagon said:
Indigo blue is great. I'm sorry the PO didn't heed your advice and fix it, but you've benefited.
Oh, that's not the half of it... the '83 300D that he instisted on buying instead of fixing this is falling apart already, and a brake caliper siezed and caught the brakes on fire. Hrmmm...seems you can't pull a 26 year old car out of storage and drive it like it was new. :rolleyes:

He can't have his Golf back. ;)

oilhammer

TDI
2000 is the VE ALH engine. Tensioner look like it was installed (tensioned) backwards, and of course Fail happened. :rolleyes:

BrianCT

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDI
oilhammer said:
If by "cuddle", you mean "rub your weiner on" then, yes, no problem. :p

How's that driver's bottom cushion seat looking. I can only image after almost 4-hundred grand it's like the reception point on a cheap blow up doll.:D

I'd use special stuff to protect you while cleaning the interior I would.

oilhammer

TDI
rex_1_mn said:
Am I missing somthing obvious that gives it away as a 2000 ????
Hah, sorry, no, I guess I forgot to mention it was a 2000...sorry. :p

Brian, the owner was th size of a 12 year old girl, so the seat is still in great shape! ...now the seat on my Jetta, which has nine years and 50k more miles on it with MY fat ass in it has had to be refoamed already :eek: .

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
oilhammer said:

Brian, the owner was th size of a 12 year old girl, so the seat is still in great shape! ...now the seat on my Jetta, which has nine years and 50k more miles on it with MY fat ass in it has had to be refoamed already :eek: .
My twin owned the car? :eek: :p

BrianCT

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDI
oilhammer said:

You do realize you can order the inner seat cushion bottom itself from impex for that car and as well even switch foam from passenger side to driver's side. I've been there.:D

p/n 1J0881375S

oilhammer

TDI
LOL, yeah, this is not my first dance. I have prolly refoamed 100 VW seats. ;)

The A3s were the worst.

oilhammer

TDI
Bob_Fout said:
So how's the wiener rubbage going?
Actually, sad to say it is not, since I have some other projects to get completed first....and what is even more sad to say, those projects are not Volkswagens. :(

Good news is, one Jap crap back together, and another very soon, then it will be on to the Golf. :D

oilhammer

TDI
It's Alive!!!

Finally, thanks to Dieselgeek the final piece of the puzzle arrived yesterday... and shortly after 5:30pm, it rumbled back to life!

Had my machine shop work their magic on the head (it was pretty bad), had to replace the rods and pistons (one was totally hammered, the other 3 were not exactly pretty), and it had a bent rod. Replaced the oil pump, drive chain and tensioner, rings, rod bearings, etc. too.

Had to put a different turbo on, as the original ingested a bunch of valve chunks, so I stuck a used one I had from a 2002 car on there, along with a new 11mm pump :D .

Still have to get new nozzles, the injectors in there are of unkown specification and likely dubious quality, I think they came out of a tooefed WVO engine, cannot remember. It is a little on the sluggish side, and the oil is super clean, so I am certain it is underfueling.

So now on to the rest of the project:

Rid it of the horrid Crapyears
replace the axle beam bushings that have pretty much walked off the job
install my new Bilstein HDs
replace the brakes with quality parts
replace the brake cables
left cooling fan is dead, gonna replace both along with the controller
get some headlights that actually work
install my skidplate
replace the driver door latch assembly
and give it a good cleaning

I am so excited!!! :D

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
The Oilhammer Rescue League saves another life! Nice :)

sobots

TDI
03 Golf
Glad you finally got it going. I'll be in your neck of the woods in a couple of weeks, I'll have to keep an eye out for another blue Golf.

oilhammer

TDI
Spent most of last night cleaning the insides... man some people are just pigs. And that light tan interior makes it all too obvious. Who knows what crusty stuff is causing the radio knobs to stick togther? Good thing I had rubber gloves... sheesh! :rolleyes:

Planning on driving it Chicago soon for a Lowe's Syndrome conference, and if it behaves nicely for that I may drive it to 'fest! :D

It is still a little down on power, the new MAF helped some, but some new nozzles are definitely needed. It is probably getting 60+ MPG though, so that is a good thing.