2015 Golf Comfortline (x2)

MrShip

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI DSG
I figured I'd start to chronicle the adventures I've had with my first (and second) new car(s). Picked up my first TDI back in May 2015 and it's been a blast ever since.
Here's the first one, a 2015 Golf Comfortline (SE). It beat out a 2015 Golf TSI, Mazda 3, Corolla, Civic and Elantra during the initial search.

Unfortunately another driver decided they really wanted a late night coffee and turned in front of the golf (doing about 80km/h). I walked away with a minor scratch, the other driver was a bit worse for wear as he was hit perpendicular to me.

(Side note: Seems like pics.tdiclub.com doesn't like me. I'm having fun uploading these all one picture at a time... :confused:)

MrShip

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI DSG
This brings us to golf number 2! I decided to switch things up for the next one. After settling in with the original speaker system, I decided an upgrade was in order. I sprung for the sound and lighting package! Man, do these headlights make a difference at night. Well beyond anything else I've ever driven. I also decided to change the colour to Night Blue Metallic. LOVE IT!

And then someone has to go and use my bumper as a parking aid... Didn't end up noticing till the next morning.

A little adventuring under the engine cover never hurt. We'll see how much fun this is when it comes time to do work outside of warranty.

And then the Mrs decided to introduce the Golf to a Grand Caravan.

At least this gets the older scratch repainted! Total cost was about $750 as there were some broken clips and the Styrofoam crash absorber behind was broken. I can post up the receipt if anyone is interested.

MrShip

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI DSG
And then there was snow! (Finally!)

Someone needs to come out and make a MK7 skid plate!

MrShip

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI DSG
Finally got my package from deAutoKey. Just need for the weather to clear up for the reverse bulbs.

MrShip

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI DSG
Currently waiting on a door to appear from Germany. Someone backed into a door, insurance is replacing the entire thing. According to the local shop, there are currently no doors in NA :eek:

MrShip

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI DSG
While waiting out the [emissions] storm, it's business as usual. Got another coating of Krown for the Golf. Great shop down in Stittsville, just off of hazeldean. Took a can for the road too. Spent part of the evening to remove the rear tail lights (not the hatch ones yet) and apply some extra rustproofing where they normally sit. I'll post a How-To with pictures shortly as there's a stupid clip that's not mentioned in the Erwin manual...

MrShip

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI DSG
Almost time for 60k km service...

In case anyone missed it, here's the DIY for the rear light housings: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=464290

I've been slowly stocking up on supplies for my 60k km service; Here's the list:

• Fumoto Oil Drain Valve (w/ locking clip and cap) - F106N
  • Fumoto extension - ADP-106
  • Fuel Filter - 5Q0-127-177
  • Oil Filter - 03N-115-562
  • DSG Filter - 02E-305-051-C
  • DSG drain plug crush washer
  • DSG Filter O-Rings (Large and small)
  • 32.5mm Oil Filter Wrench (IDParts)
  • 14mm Hex Socket (IDParts)
  • 24mm Socket for DSG Filter (IDParts)
  • Allergenic Cabin Filter - Mann Filter FP 26 009
  • DSG Fill Tool - VAS6262 (IDParts)
  • DSG Fluid - 5x G-052-182-A2
  • Castrol Edge LL03 - 6x G-052-195-1Q-DS
  • Air filter - 5QM-129-620-A
Air filter is not needed yet, but I needed to drain the dealer mastercard somehow...

I'll have to book at appointment with the dealer at some point, there've been a few small issues that have popped up:

• Dripping rear washer sprayer
  • Sporadic (3x in 10k km) error message about putting the vehicle in park. Pops up for < 1s each time. Most likely the shifter assembly from research online.
  • Lost auto up/down in driver window (again...)
  • Clunk from front (subframe related? only heard with window down)
  • Popping noise from rear when stopping

MrShip

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI DSG
60k Service completed a week or so ago. Fluids and filters were changed a month ago, but the inspection was finished up last week. Looks like I'll be adding a task to clean behind the fender liners at each tire rotation due to buildup of crud.