2nd VW, 1st Golf TDI

JohnnyCanuck.Comox

TDI
2004 Golf GLS
Hi everyone. I bought a 2004 Golf TDI in the rare (sarcasm) colour of grey. I'm the 2nd owner, the original owner is from Victoria and it spent it's life there. It has 170,890 kms on it, timing belt was done recently and just had rotors/pads done, and regular maintenance at VW in Victoria for it's life. Also has new tires and is in great shape inside and out aside from a couple of little dings. It had two claims from being rear-ended, one was $360 and one was $1940.
Plans for it: nothing big for now, get some window tinting on rear and back windows, maybe finds some different wheels, polish the headlights and fix the satellite radio mount he slapped on the dash.

A pic of my 73 super beetle, I bought a brand new short block from vw for $800 in 1984.

MattRabbit

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SE TDI, 2014 Beetle TDI, 1981 Rabbit Diesel
Nice car! Looks perfect to me, as-is. The wiring out of the dash is a bit strange, but that's an easy fix. I also would find some nice alloy wheels for it. Otherwise, just maintain and drive!

JohnnyCanuck.Comox

TDI
2004 Golf GLS
I've fixed the satellite wiring, I got the black mounting piece off that the po made for the satellite radio. Thankfully he left the oem piece that fits in there so it looks better. And I'm on the prowl for some alloy rims.

theprimer

TDI
VW Golf 2.0L Diesel
Hey that's a good looking ride. I hope you got it for a decent price for the mileage on the clock

JohnnyCanuck.Comox

TDI
2004 Golf GLS
I paid $6,700CAD (just over $5k usd), after looking for 1/2 year it was the lowest mileage TDI I could find that was well looked after AND had 5 spd. There were a couple of ALH versions that I liked that had around the 250k or so for mileage, but they were either beat up a bit, filthy, not looked after, had auto, etc.

leon10tagg

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf 90bhp ALH tdi, 2002 Golf PD100, 2004 Passat 1.9PD AWX, 2001 Golf 4-Motion, 1997 Audi A4 1.8t sport, 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.0t WRX
You'd be hard press to find a golf as clean as yours in NI. One of the main issues here is corrosion due to salting of the roads during the winter to break up snow and ice.