Injector Fuel Return line i.d. size?

VWGMDIESELFAN

Veteran Member
TDI
(totaled 4/30/2014) 2002 JETTA GLS TDI
The Car: 2002 Jetta TDI auto with 189k running B50 to B99

I am leaking fuel badly down the front of my motor from the small fuel hoses runing between the injectors.

The question is: what is the size of inner diameter for the fuel hose I will need to replace?

Will Napa have it or should I try the Mercedes Dealer in town? Or should I run it all the way to the VW dealer? I don't have time to order it.

I looked at IDIPARTS.com and he shows one size of 3mm.

Honeydew

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 Passat DSG
No problem! In your situation the MB line might be the way to go if they have it in stock. Plus, the OE MB line is a snappy tan color vs. the aftermarket black.:)

VWGMDIESELFAN

Veteran Member
TDI
(totaled 4/30/2014) 2002 JETTA GLS TDI
Just got back from Mercedes and their return lines are the same size and yes they are rather fashionable in tan but 22 bucks for 1 meter, Ouch! At least I am done!

Pvt. Joker

TDI
98 Jetta
All my local parts store had in 1/8 inch was lawnmower fuel line, will this work temporarily or permanently? I live in fumbuck Iowa and don't have a vw or Mercedes dealership anywhere close.

Honeydew

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 Passat DSG
All my local parts store had in 1/8 inch was lawnmower fuel line, will this work temporarily or permanently? I live in fumbuck Iowa and don't have a vw or Mercedes dealership anywhere close.
Temporarily. Order the viton line from Mcmastercard, per Paramedick's post.