P3130 OBD Scan

Lefty

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2000,Green GLS
CEL Scan Code P3130 OBD

Check engine light came on today. I read some posts here about it and read in the TDI FAQ under troubleshooting. I do have a air line coming out of the EGR that has been getting worn out. The clamp is missing that holds it and I try to keep it on top of the Engine Cover but the last time I changed the oil I forgot to put it on top and now it is really worn down. Can't tell if it has a hole in it or not, but suspect it does and that is what caused the CEL to come on. I am going to check the line better in the morning and replace it. Is that the 5/32 size or does it have to be the 3.5 mm? Don't know much about MM and neither does my local Auto parts guys most likely.

The P3130 Code says Fuel Air Metering and Aux Control. Are these related to the EGR? Any other ideas are welcome. Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

Lefty

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2000,Green GLS
CEL light and EGR

OK, I have another question. Can the EGR valve get stuck once and then start working again and just turn on the CEL and I would need to just reset it? I checked the vacuum line and a friend told me to try and suck air through it, and if it doesn't hold vacuum it has a leak in it. if it holds air then it wasn't the vacuum line. Took it over to him and he tested the line and said that wasn't it. Told me I might need to clean the EGR. Any other ideas?