2006 Jetta quit running

Dwmccoy76

TDI
2006 Jetta
Info about the car 2006 Jetta 240,000 miles. Saterday I changed the fuel filter and car started normal. Later that day was driving and car was running fine until about 40 minutes into the drive the motor **** off and wouldn't restart. Motor turns over fine, fuel canister still full of fuel and can hear fuel pump come on when I turn the key on. Glow plug light and all other lights on instrument panel come on. I checked all the fuses and their good. Only code it has is for a O2 sensor. Any help is appreciated as this is my first Jetta.

crazyrunner33

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 Golf(bought back)
Have you tried cranking it for a good 30 seconds? Things to also check would the the ASV and making sure the car is fully charged. It's also possible that the check valve in the tandem pump is sticking in the open position, wouldn't be a big surprise given the mileage.

crazyrunner33

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 Golf(bought back)
Cam and crank sensor may not be a bad idea to check. I know on some engines will not run if one fails or becomes too dirty, the 7.3 PS would do this. I can't remember if the BRM can rely on the other if one fails.