Custom tuning software

destroked dan

TDI
'06 Limited Edition Jetta TDI, Blue Graphite, Auto, 17" Visions
I have been tuning Duramax Diesels for almost 3 yrs with EFI Live custom tuning software. Ive been looking around for software for the VW's and I have found a couple but not sure of the capabilities of the software itself. Is there anyone out there that has their own software that could give some input? Im the kind of guy that likes to to all my tuning and upgrades myself and dont really want to hassle around with going to a meet or sending my ECU off to get flashed.

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
Welcome to Fred's TDIClub Dan! Others may chime in with more info, but you can start learning at chiptuner.org. I think I got that site right. Anyway, you'll need to buy some tools, and some software but there are a handful of self taught learners here on the club. Gotta say though, you're going to destroy that autotragic transmission real fast, start thinking about a 5 or 6 speed manual upgrade. Happy modding.

destroked dan

TDI
Thanks!, I'll never put a manual in it, Im not going after a ton of power. Just wanting to do all my own tuning. I'll spend the $$ on a built tranny before I will ever put a manual in it.

vwmikel

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'94 Golf Sport TDI
Thanks!, I'll never put a manual in it, Im not going after a ton of power. Just wanting to do all my own tuning. I'll spend the $$ on a built tranny before I will ever put a manual in it.
Building up the automatic is just going to make it a more expensive paperweight.

m1ketdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Leon BKD
Win-OLs is expensive and takes time to learn how to identify the maps, and for more intricate functions such as sensor linearization you will need a damos file. But it does provide checksum correction etc when you pay the money. But you have to be a business to buy it.

destroked dan

TDI
Building up the automatic is just going to make it a more expensive paperweight.
Well, its not getting a manual ever. I shift gears all day at work, I will NOT continue to on my journey to and from work and on my days off.

turbocharged798

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 black ALH Jetta;09 Gasser Jetta
Well, its not getting a manual ever. I shift gears all day at work, I will NOT continue to on my journey to and from work and on my days off.
Well, you may re-consider when the POS expensive auto tranny blows up and you are out $5,000 for a new one.

The 01M can't even hold up to stock non-tuned cars. How do you expect it to hold up to tuned power?

In case you didn't know, the O1M auto trans used in the 99.5-03 cars isn't known for good reliability.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
I got a chuckle out of the "built" automatic transmission for a Volkswagen. That's a good one, I'll have to remember that! :D

vwmikel

TDI
'94 Golf Sport TDI
Then count on maybe doing nozzles and a tune and calling it a day. Beyond that and it will be like driving a rubber band.

destroked dan

TDI
This site never seems to amaze me...... Thats the reason I have been a member for over 2 yrs and have never posted because of the flamming. The thread was about tuning...not the Auto trans. So unless what you are having to say has anything to do with tuning software....posting in this thread just shows how errogant some people are. For those of you that did talk about the software, thank you. Whats even more interesting is when I ask about custom tuning, everyone that called it crazy of me for wanting to tune my auto are people that have advertisements for tuning companies in their signature.......

Last edited:

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
This site never seems to amaze me...... Thats the reason I have been a member for over 2 yrs and have never posted because of the flamming. The thread was about tuning...not the Auto trans. So unless what you are having to say has anything to do with tuning software....posting in this thread just shows how errogant some people are. For those of you that did talk about the software, thank you.

The two go hand in hand. Certainly you know this. We are trying to help you from breaking things.

Oh, and it is "arrogant", and yes, I most certainly am. :cool:

destroked dan

TDI
The two go hand in hand. Certainly you know this. We are trying to help you from breaking things.

Maybe you should stick to the spelling bees then, rather than hi jacking threads when someone is trying to get info on a certain subject.

turbocharged798

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 black ALH Jetta;09 Gasser Jetta
This site never seems to amaze me...... Thats the reason I have been a member for over 2 yrs and have never posted because of the flamming. The thread was about tuning...not the Auto trans. So unless what you are having to say has anything to do with tuning software....posting in this thread just shows how errogant some people are. For those of you that did talk about the software, thank you. Whats even more interesting is when I ask about custom tuning, everyone that called it crazy of me for wanting to tune my auto are people that have advertisements for tuning companies in their signature.......
Look, we are just trying to save the guy a lot of money and prevent him from blowing his tranny. So we just say it's ok to tune your 01M car and have it blow a $5K tranny?

I don't think anybody is flaming here either.

This is TDIclub. We don't sweep things under the rug. We call it like it is.

ToeBall

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 VW Jetta Wagon TDI
That's not at all true. One of my car club members has the DSG swapped into his Mk5 R32 with HPA FT650 build (was actually the prototype car) and is putting out over 600 ft lbs.

vwmikel

TDI
'94 Golf Sport TDI
That's not at all true. One of my car club members has the DSG swapped into his Mk5 R32 with HPA FT650 build (was actually the prototype car) and is putting out over 600 ft lbs.
That's DSG, not an 01M.

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
"Hijacking" is one word.
Thanks OH, now I have coffee on my keyboard...:D

OP - you're asking about tuning software, you have your answer, and some sage advice about how your fragile, expensive transmission is going to rapidly break and cost a lot of money to replace or repair.

You can take the sage advice, or ignore it.

Oh, and if you think OilHammer is abrasive, you haven't seen anything yet, there are far more "tell it like it is" people here.

SmokeFree

Vendor
TDI
2011 Golf TDI, 2008 Audi A3 2.0T, 2010 Mercedes Sprinter 3500
This site never "ceases" to amaze me... but any who...=)

KERMA

TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
I regularly drag raced an AG4 and beat the hell out of it, just a kerma tweak, torque converter, and mystery switch, and amsoil universal fluid, couldn't kill it

http://chevytruckworld.tenmagazines....ticle&aid=2350

still going strong when I finally gave the car to someone who needed it to get to work

Radkyd

TDI
02 Jetta
I have an 02 Jetta TDI with the auto trans and 0.216 injectors I am looking for a quality tuner shop in Southern California to use for the chip tuning. Does anyone have a suggestion?