FS 03 Jetta TDI GL 5sp 36K miles

Bob Hill

TDI
Had a 2003 Jetta GL TDI 5speed and a 2009 TDI 5 speed
Original owner,Galactic blue, light gray cloth interior. OEM Michelins on Borbet S rims, Dunlop M3 snows on OEM steelies. Clear title--the loan is paid off!

Required oil/filter service done at 5K, 10K, 20K and 30K- Mann filters and Mobil One Truck/Suv 5W40 full synthetic. Mufflerectomy. Air and fuel filters also done at 20K

Issues: backup lamps inop. Driver window occasionally sticky. TDI logo stolen off car and a small dent in it's place. Smoker.....3/16" burn mark on driver's seat--not through the fabric. A couple of parking lot dings in doors < 1/4" in size.

Just back from a trip out west-car runs really well getting over 600 miles per tank (45-50 mpg on highway). Never damaged/no accidents--can provide VIN for a carfax if you want. Carefully and responsibly driven by a retired person--ME.

I just got a new JSW TDI and have two other cars as well....so the 03 must go. Asking $9,000.
I know this is a bit low for such a low mileage car, but with the minor issues it has I think it's a fair price. PM or E-mail me if you are interested

Bob

Bob Hill

TDI
I'll have to see if my sister can get some pics and post them.....my computer skills are not the greatest.

Judging by the initial response I guess my price is in the right range--maybe even a bit cheap. This car is the real deal....except for the minor items noted, everything works and it's really a pretty clean car.

Bob

Bob Hill

TDI
Actually I joined initially back in the fall of 03...back then I had a different e-mail address. I had a Sprinter and wanted to find out about the TDI VW--the diesel thing had caught my interest.

I almost bought an 04 TDI until I found out I couldn't register a new 04 in NY state...the NJ dealer didn't bother to mention this.....so I found a tip on this site that there were a few leftover 03 TDI's in Syracuse-- the 03 was a 50 state car and legal for NY. Long story short I made some calls and found my 03 TDI at Burdick VW in Cicero--near Syracuse. I drove my trusty Neon up there, traded it in and came home with this car in March 04. Now that VW has a 50 state TDI again I couldn't resist the new JSW TDI so I got mine a couple of weeks ago-- and I really love it.

The short answer to your question is that I've really been around this site since late 03. I recently "rejoined" because when I went to log on I really couldn't remember my old password or screen name--so I did something novel this time--I used my actual name (I probably won't forget that and if I do I shouldn't probably drive anymore anyway....)

BTW I also have a new, never installed ,Dieselgeek PanzerPlate for this car -- I had some serious surgery in 06 and I just never installed the thing. Also I have a set of 17" ASA AR1 black center rims 5-100 with Avon 225 45 17 tires with a bit of (noisy) featheredge wear--due probably to the tread pattern of these tires. The tires and the PanzerPlate could be worked into the deal, too-- I don't think either would fit my new JSW.

Harvieux

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
06 A5 Pkg.2 w/navi & ASEP
Bob Hill said:
Original owner,Galactic blue, light gray cloth interior. OEM Michelins on Borbet S rims, Dunlop M3 snows on OEM steelies. Clear title--the loan is paid off!

Required oil/filter service done at 5K, 10K, 20K and 30K- Mann filters and Mobil One Truck/Suv 5W40 full synthetic. Mufflerectomy. Air and fuel filters also done at 20K

Issues: backup lamps inop. Driver window occasionally sticky. TDI logo stolen off car and a small dent in it's place. Smoker.....3/16" burn mark on driver's seat--not through the fabric. A couple of parking lot dings in doors < 1/4" in size.

Just back from a trip out west-car runs really well getting over 600 miles per tank (45-50 mpg on highway). Never damaged/no accidents--can provide VIN for a carfax if you want. Carefully and responsibly driven by a retired person--ME.

I just got a new JSW TDI and have two other cars as well....so the 03 must go. Asking $9,000.
I know this is a bit low for such a low mileage car, but with the minor issues it has I think it's a fair price. PM or E-mail me if you are interested

Bob
All I can say here is I hope you don't smoke in the new car. ;) Later!

Bob Hill

TDI
Thanks for the interest. I'm trying to get some pics up--hopefully tomorrow. Stupid me never thought of the fact that if you are interested you want to see pictures.....

As for the smoking, well... it's a dirty filthy habit but what can I say--you do or you don't, and I fully understand the negatives from the non smokers among you. The best one yet however is in Iowa where they do not let you smoke outside your own car at a rest area in the out of doors! I support no smoking laws and respect those who are bothered or offended by smokers nearby.....but sometimes the politicians do go a bit far.

Bob

Kniteman77

TDI
2001 ALH PP520 VNT17/22 RC4
Eh, In regards to smoking . . .

Yeah it lowers the resale value of your car, and I don't particularly like it but . . . they're still saying this is a free country right? Or lying to us and telling us it's a free country.

I absolutely do not smoke on anything resembling a regular basis (I'll have the special occasion cigar every once and a while) but I completely and totally detest and abhor the fact that the government can have such a level of control over a business owners property that they can tell people what they can and cannot put into their own body on the premises.

I wonder when they'll ban eating for fat people? According to the CDC 'In 2005, 652,091 people died of heart disease (50.5% of them women). This was 27.1% of all U.S. deaths. The age-adjusted death rate was 222 per 100,000 population.'

/rant

Good luck with the sale! :)

QuickWrite

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS TDI wagon, 5-speed
I may be interested in the Panzerplate if you'll sell separate and are willing to ship to 95817. Let me know.

Bob Hill

TDI
Re options:

It has all the GL stuff--power windows, power remote door locks, cruise control, OEM AM/FM Casette and CD with 6(?) speakers, rear defroster, heated remote control mirrors and side airbags.

It does not have a moonroof, nor heated seats nor a monsoon sound system.

Re: Panzer plate--I'd have to give a buyer first shot at it so check back to see if I still have it.

I have some pics in my computer as e-mails now. Does anybody have a clue how I might get these up on this thread? Thanks

Bob

KROUT

persona non grata
send them to me I will post them for you its easy to do just up load them to photobucket then compy and paste them into your post.

Last edited:

Bob Hill

TDI
Thanks Krout, I really appreciate your posting the pics for me!

I also have a set of ASA AR1 17" blackcenters with P225-45 tires but the Avon tires, though they have LOT of meat on them, have a bit of featheredge wear which is making a slight noise.
The 15's are lighter and ride quieter on a long trip.

Bob Hill

TDI
car is sold.

Growler was right...

First guy to show up to actually look at it bought it on the spot. It now has a new home with another car (diesel) nut....

My sincere thanks for the interest and encouragement from all of you,,,especially to Krout for posting the pics for me and of course to the TDI club for existing. I didn't advertise the car anywhere else, and I'd like to make a contribution to the website. How would I go about doing that? (computer semi illiterate that I am...)

Bob Hill