Boraparts.com Gift Certificates now available

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
This is a great way for people to share some TDI spirit during the holiday season or at the very least, to save 10% on future purchases ;)

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
Pics posted :) Lemme know what you think...And yes, they are one-sided.

BleachedBora

TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
Thanks guys! Years ago in scouts I was in charge of coming up with what we called "bead bucks" for our trading post at scout camp. One of the scouts in the troop had a lawyer for a father and he researched it out. What he told me 15-years ago corresponds with my own information today. As long as any of the following are met they are legal:
A) Photographic or other likenesses of United States and foreign currencies are permissible for any non-fraudulent purpose as long as they are reproduced at least 50% larger or 25% smaller OR reproduced in black and white (bead bucks were the size of legal tender, but back and white)--we're going larger on the gift certificates.
B) Under the USC: "Whoever, with intent to defraud, (emphasis mine) falsely makes, forges, counterfeits, or alters any obligation or other security of the United States..." These aren't being made with the intent to defraud or use as counterfeit. Therefore they are not illegal. Furthermore, we're going to probably use photo paper or some other obvious non-money paper, and we're only doing one side. Additionally they have special redemption codes unique to each certificate, have pictures of cars, and as stated on my site, "Have no other commercial or implied value..."
C) Also under the USC: "Whoever buys, sells, exchanges, transfers, receives, or delivers any false, forged, counterfeited, or altered obligation or other security of the United States, with the intent that the same be passed, published, or used as true and genuine (emphasis mine).

Anyway, as a final summary; they are oversize, not intended to defraud as real currency, have been sufficiently changed from real due to different pictures, different paper, and used on only one side, and never will be used for anything other than a gift certificate. Because of that they are legal to use in this capacity only :).

Merry Christmas everyone!
-BB

PS I'm trying to figure out which one is my favorite--the 100 is amazing because it's my old "Bora" doing a burnout (and you can see me in there very small...lol, I just noticed that the rearview mirror shadow makes it look like I have a mask on!) The 50 and 20 are great because they are old style...probably my favorite is the 50. What does everyone else think?

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
I liked the 50 because its based on an old silver certificate... oh to have a real one of those to redeem..

Ill take my 50 silver dollars please.

BleachedBora

TDI
Yeah, I'm a coin collector, as is my dad. My grandpa had hundreds of silver Morgan dollars that he collected throughout his life. Most of them were stolen 25 years ago or so *sniff*. Oh what a beautiful coin!

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
I like the 100 cause you can get more stuff with it :D
--edit-- I like the 20 cause those are some damn fine headlights!! (jealous)

Last edited:

BleachedBora

TDI
Thanks to all the gift certificates purchased this last week. Obviously we're keeping them available for anyone who wants a special gift in the future too.
Merry Christmas,
-BB

DCELL

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 GOLF 2DR, ‘15 Passat SEL TDI
I want the same penny discount on the $20 certificate that you get on the $100 and $50... and the artwork is cool too.