what did you buy after the buy back

greyfoxxca

TDI
2001 jetta 2014 sportswagon
Well our 2114 sportswagen is just a memory. It only had 8k kilometers on it when it went back. The automatic was a huge disappointment when driving around town. I guess we did not test drive it enough to see that we would end up disliking it. If we had bought a manual shift we would likely would have had many more kilometers on it before the buy back.
We replaced the clutch in our 01 tdi 5 speed jetta and soon had a smile on our face again. We will run that one until it drops.
Just bought a dodge 1500 4x4 slt with the 5.7 hemi and 8 speed automatic. Could not be happier. The transmission shifts like a transmission should. Sure glad we did not sell the 01 before the emissions cheating became public.

Mythdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg, 2015 Q5, 2015 Golf
Well our 2114 sportswagen is just a memory. It only had 8k kilometers on it when it went back. The automatic was a huge disappointment when driving around town. I guess we did not test drive it enough to see that we would end up disliking it. If we had bought a manual shift we would likely would have had many more kilometers on it before the buy back.
We replaced the clutch in our 01 tdi 5 speed jetta and soon had a smile on our face again. We will run that one until it drops.
Just bought a dodge 1500 4x4 slt with the 5.7 hemi and 8 speed automatic. Could not be happier. The transmission shifts like a transmission should. Sure glad we did not sell the 01 before the emissions cheating became public.
Hi. I am buying a brand new thread to replace these perfectly good ones that (among others) have already been started! :D

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=463271

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=462715

greyfoxxca

TDI
2001 jetta 2014 sportswagon
cannot believe I missed those threads. Sorry to start a new one. Now I have read some of the postings I amongst some others lives have changed and now as I retired the fuel economy much less priority. As I get older climbing down into an small car is only done for long trips. An suv is so much more comfortable around town. cheers

amafrank

TDI
'06 TDi jetta, '09 TDi jetta wagon, 15 TDi GSw
We kept our 2009 tdi sportwagen, crashed the 2006 Jetta sedan into a deer and totaled it then bought a buyback 2105 Golf sportwagen tdi. Still happy....not much out there that can replace what we have.

Frank

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
cannot believe I missed those threads. Sorry to start a new one. Now I have read some of the postings I amongst some others lives have changed and now as I retired the fuel economy much less priority. As I get older climbing down into an small car is only done for long trips. An suv is so much more comfortable around town. cheers
As the weather moderates, we must begin car shopping soon to replace our Passat. Acceptable replacements are so limited that I only wish either I or my wife could stand to drive an SUV or "crossover" (the latter being just a marketing term for the former). Alas, such is not the case, the driving dynamics just don't work for us. We're stuck with a short-short list of a gas Passat, an Accord, a Buick Regal, a Volvo s90, or considering cars with sticker prices we find unacceptable.

pdh

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI, 2014 BMW 328d, X Drive
I bought a "left over" 2015 Golf TDI DSG when I turned in my 2011 Jetta stick with 185,000 miles on it.
The dealer had (3) TDI'S left....all automatics. I loved the manual but wanted the diesel more than a stick. The Golf had the Phase 1 update & my mileage is still excellent.
My cousin turned in his 2011 Jetta TDI & bought a Chevy Cruze diesel which he likes a lot.
I considered it but had no faith in the dealer, so I stuck with VW.

S2000_guy

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Sportwagen TDI
Rico,

I too have the Regal Sportback on my short list, along with the Kia Stinger. I'm glad I wasn't in any rush to sell my '14 Sportwagen TDI back, because a year ago there was nothing in the local dealerships that interested me. Regals and Stingers started arriving in dealerships around here in December, 17. Since both are first-year models, I'll wait until maybe August to purchase, hoping that late-year production might have fewer kinks.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
One thing to toss out there is snagging a new long wheel base Tiguan then dropping it on springs, give the GSW a run for money!

I did hear the EA888 Gen3B is in need of some ommph as it goes for MPG rather than power.

Darkone

TDI
'15 A8L TDI, 2014 Q5 TDI
Another TDI :) .... '16 A6. Got the 'fix' done and flashed it with Malone stage 2. NOX all the way!
Simply amazing, Malone stage 2 tune is how these vehicles should be out of the factory.

tdi_sport

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 pd tdi sport (limited edition) platinum grey and a 1996 dodge cummins diesel 4x4 5sp lots of mods and a 335d stock for now.
Another TDI :) .... '16 A6. Got the 'fix' done and flashed it with Malone stage 2. NOX all the way!
Simply amazing, Malone stage 2 tune is how these vehicles should be out of the factory.
Is it worth it? To lose the warrenty?

Yankinwaoz

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SE
A 2014 Toyota Avalon Hybrid XLE

Turning in my 2012 Passat SE Tdi
Bought a 2014 Toyota Avalon XLE Hybrid with 42k on the clock.

I'm getting well north of 38mpg with the Avalon. But I miss my Passat. Just little things it doesn't do as well.

I can't put my water bottle in the door pocket. Too small.
The trunk. *sigh*. I miss that huge Passat trunk.
The drop down back seats. All I have now is a tiny pass-through window.
The braking. The Avalon has mushier braking. I find myself having to stomp down harder than I'm used to.
Entertainment and HVAC controls. Never thought that I'd say that the VW's were ok. But there were better than this crap on the Avalon.
I miss the velcro cargo block system in the trunk.

On the plus side, I'm enjoying a couple of things.
The quiet ride. Much quieter in the cabin.
Quiet sun roof. I don't get that roaring wind sound that the little pop-up thingy in the VW made.
Comfy seats.. Perhaps the seats on my 2012 were getting worn out.

My wife doesn't like the Avalon very much. She thinks it is too big. A tank on the road in her words.

cmarcho

TDI
2015 Corvette Z51 7spd / 2016 ATS-V (was '13 passat sel)
bought the Passat for the wife, she liked it but really got mad at VW over this whole mess. This is what she has now, 2016 ATS-V Cadillac:

0-60 in 3.8 sec and 190mph top speed! Both our kids are driving now so she doesn't put a lot of miles on her car any more, so this works.

Softrockrenegade

Veteran Member
TDI
None...2011 Golf DSG (replaced by VW W/) 2013 Passat SE 6M(bought back) Current 2017 sportwagen TSI 4Motion.
Buyback was this past Wednesday and yesterday I signed all the paperwork on a 2017 golf soortwagen tsi 4motion. It was a dealer demo has 7000 miles on the clock and I paid 17.8k plus taxes tags etc.. pretty stoked !