Error-free LEDs for all areas of your car (fog, interior, & much more)

Rob_MacCara

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi Q3 gasser
As a fellow Bedfordite who just installed my trunk light, I can say it makes a HUGE difference. Lights up the driveway at night when I lift the hatch - well worth getting!
Sorry - my profile says Halifax, but I live in Bedford.

Last edited:

deAutoLED.com

Vendor
TDI
2002 jetta TDI
As a fellow Bedfordite who just installed my trunk light, I can say it makes a HUGE difference. Lights up the driveway at night when I lift the hatch - well worth getting!
Sorry - my profile says Halifax, but I live in Bedford.
:) thank you - we appreciate the feedback!

peterdaniel

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GL 5 spd TDi, 2003 Jetta GLS Indigo blue 5spd wagon. 2003 Jetta GLS Candy white wagon 5 speed
The LED's are amazing and worth the price... Go for it, you wont be disappointed!

The customer service is excellent!

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon "Cranberry"
Wow! 400 & 600 lumens is fantastic. It looks like the 400 would be the max to use since the stock 1156/P21 bulbs draw 0.42 Amperes of current and a 600 lumens LED module requires a current draw of 0.84 Amperes (vs 0.56 Amperes for the 400 lumens).

deAutoLED.com

Vendor
TDI
2002 jetta TDI
Wow! 400 & 600 lumens is fantastic. It looks like the 400 would be the max to use since the stock 1156/P21 bulbs draw 0.42 Amperes of current and a 600 lumens LED module requires a current draw of 0.84 Amperes (vs 0.56 Amperes for the 400 lumens).
No, you are fine with both, they have resistors to eliminate any issues with heat.

We fell you will be very happy with the 400 lumen though.

Thank you

deAutoLED.com

Vendor
TDI
2002 jetta TDI
Footwell diy:
since the installation of the deautoled footwells was a little tricky for me (the housing and setup might be different since i have a 2016), here's a guide of how to do it. I've included a few pictures of the highlights of the processes).
driver's side (first 3 pictures)
step 1 -
starting on the driver's side, locate the footwell led. Using a flathead screwdriver (installation would be easier with the deautoled interior toolkit), stick the flathead into the small cutout and pop out the housing.

step 2 -
the housing will be connected to the power supply. Carefully detach the cable by pushing in on the two small tabs on the side of the cable. Then, remove the black casing. Carefully remove the oem led and replace it with the deautokey led.

step 3 -
pop the black casing back on, plug back into the cable (this will likely be difficult because of the tight spacing, but won't be as difficult if you don't have large hands like i do). Once plugged back in, pop the housing back into place. The driver side is now done.

passenger's side (last 4 pictures)
step 1 -
the housing on this side is somewhat difficult to remove, but be patient and you will get it. What i did to remove the housing was to use the head of a nail on the right most side of the housing (there will be a small notch, just like the driver's side housing). Once you've pulled enough, there will be a small gap where you will need to poke your flathead screwdriver into. Push down on this stubborn housing and it will come out.

step 2 -
unplug the cable from the housing (same as the driver's side). Now you will be holding the housing with the black casing. Now you must stick your flathead screwdriver into the tiny gap between the upper housing and the black casing. Carefully push in and remove the casing. On the other side, there will be two very small tabs that need to be pushed in with a good bit of force. The casing should now be removable from the housing.

step 3 -
remove the oem led and carefully insert the deautokey led (make sure the small plastic is connected with the small holes on the led board). Carefully put the casing back on, plug the the led back into the cable, and push back into the original position. The passenger's side is now done!

minorly tricky installation, but be patient and you will be rewarded with two powerful and awesome lights!
Hope this guide was helpful! Let me know if you've found a better way to do it so i can change the guide. :d

deAutoLED.com

Vendor
TDI
2002 jetta TDI
http://deautokey.com/category/reverse-cree-led-brightest-on-the-market

Haha true that, thanks for the reply. So just now I flipped the bulb and I think it doesn't show any error code anymore. So I guess you can use that method to test if you got you bulb the right way.
Also mine is not really that bright compare to the picture I've seen in the thread... but maybe because I have tails with fog...lol
With that said, I'll just post some picture for anyone who are looking to install these LED on tails with fog and RVC.
Image on headunit (RNS-315)

Installed mine today.

I will tell you that $39.99 is not expensive for these LEDs, it is a very fair price and less expensive vs competitors with similar bulbs.
What LEDs are you trying to compare these to in price? We have not seen any other LED with the same color temp, brightness, and not requiring any type of wiring to have them error free.
$39.99 gets you - bright no-tap LEDs - lifetime warranty - free shipping - peace of mind when reversing knowing you can see everything and people can see you:
Thanks for the orders and photos over the past few weeks - another great customer photo - please note without the reverse LEDs that area is pitch black - no outside lights are in that photo - ONLY OUR REVERSE LEDS!

Huge difference from stock bulbs. Power went out last night and I leave for work at 6am so it was about as dark as it can get. These bulbs completely illuminate the area behind the car. Get them.
don't wait, see and be seen! Check out what customers are saying:

deAutoLED.com

Vendor
TDI
2002 jetta TDI
check out a brighter bay9s front turn for your MK7 - reviews speak for themselves!
http://deautokey.com/product/new-br...-signals-for-the-volkswagen-2015-mk7-golf-gti

Hey all -

First off, a big thank you to deAutoKey/deAutoLED for their usual quick and friendly customer service. :thumbup:

Time to talk front turn signal LED bulbs.

My original setup consisted of a rigged set of white 50W CREE LED bulbs with T-10 bases, that connected to the GTI's Bay9s base through an adapter I made (check post #1 for a link to that posting). The bulbs were purchased for cheap off eBay. At the time (16+ months ago), there weren't many options at all. Needless to say, this entire time, I've found the eBay LEDs' light output to be mediocre at best.

Fast forward to this week, I received a pair of amber 15-chip LED bulbs from deAutoKey (with the correct base type, mind you! :rolleyes: ). No adapters, no nonsense. The bulbs assemblies are of the highest quality (and no, the bases don't fall off like they do on the eBay LEDs). These are BRIGHT!

The most important things to notice in this comparison are as follow:

- deAutoKey's LED bulb outputs AMBER light, while the eBay LED bulb outputs WHITE light. The amber light results in a BRIGHTER, fuller/richer light output (less of a hot-spot, more of a filled-in signal housing).
- deAutoKey's LED bulb seems to be built to a higher standard. I have had two of the eBay LEDs' bases detach from the rest of the bulb. Never a problem with any of deAutoKey's lighting solutions.
- deAutoKey's LED bulb does not throw an error code, while cheap eBay LEDs will, unless a resistor is used (more heat created in housing, shorter bulb lifespan).

I will update this review/comparison with additional photos and video as soon as the weather permits.

The photos/videos below show the DeAutoKey amber LED bulb on the passenger side, while the driver side shows the eBay 50W CREE.

https://vimeo.com/150980423

https://vimeo.com/150980612

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deAutoLED.com

Vendor
TDI
2002 jetta TDI
I ordered this from DeAutoKey - http://deautokey.com/product/mkvii-vw-gti-entire-trunk-housing-bright-error-free-plug-and-play

$29 and it shipped the same day from New York for anyone interested in that sort of detail. Packing was decent but it doesn't need to be a pro job. Came via USPS in a standard box.

first of all, I already have an LED light in my boot. IT's this one that I bought from ECS - https://www.ecstuning.com/ES2863506/ $11.99 and made by Ziza. This is what that light looks like (taken in August)

I ordered from DeAutoKey in hopes theirs was a bit brighter. if not, I planned on returning it. I was amazed to see this (Ziza Bottom, DeAutoKey Top)

Ziza has 8 LED lights and the DAK has between 12-16 lights and has a protective rear metal housing and overall the snap-in to the rear plastic was way more tight than the Ziza. Overall, this feels like a $30 part and the Ziza feels like a $5 part. The difference is huge especially when you look at the amount of light!!!!

DeAutoKey:

If you're in need of brighter rear boot lights, I'd go DAK over Ziza and pay the extra cost.

Here's the packaging:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bosVowpkOds
Shop all MK7 LEDs:
http://deautokey.com/category/leds-for-mk7-gti-golf

deAutoLED.com

Vendor
TDI
2002 jetta TDI
Thanks for the orders - everything ship FREE WITHIN THE US and ship same/next day with a tracking #!!

deAutoLED.com

Vendor
TDI
2002 jetta TDI
If you needed another reason to switch over to our H7RC the IIHS just gave you one:
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/insuran...es-light-on-poorly-performing-car-headlights/

Our H7RC lights up more of the road and shines light further down creating a safer more enjoyable ride - below are some screenshots and facts from the report:

This means there is no regulation on how much light has to be shined on the roads, only the brightness of the bulb, and many can tell you that all housings will shine light differently!

The sad reality and the main reason being poor visibility:

H7RC Listings:
http://deautokey.com/products?search=h7rc&search-submit=