Window roll down/up from key fob

Pelican18TQA4

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta Hybrid
adamant628 said:
Can this be done on an mkIV?
Not via VCDS. Alientech used to make a window controller that allowed you to remotely lower/raise the windows and sunroof, but it seems they are no longer in business. Not sure if there are any other options.

adamant628

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon GLS
Well, using the key in the door lock to operate the windows was a new trick for me. That should keep me amused for a few months.

jayb79

Top Post Dawg
Lots of good info here . My daughter just picked up 2010 Jetta TDI with 3 pedals and i was trying to figure out why her sunroof will not open with the remote. Am I correct in thinking if i change to UK then it will work?

dzcad90

Rolex & gin
TDI
Jetta - 97 (RIP), '03 (Sold), '09
Lots of good info here . My daughter just picked up 2010 Jetta TDI with 3 pedals and i was trying to figure out why her sunroof will not open with the remote. Am I correct in thinking if i change to UK then it will work?

Have not been able to get the sunroof to open at all with the key fob on any MkV or MkVI I've coded. I haven't tried changing the coding to UK. However, it's worth a shot! (My gut says no, but this feeling is based on nothing but failed tries in the past..)

MIA

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Golf, 09 JSW
Sorry to dredge up an older thread but I thought this would be a cool mod for my 09 JSW. I fired up my copy of VCDS and went into the Central convenience module->long coding helper brought up byte 6, comfort function inactive was already unchecked, I checked the two boxes in byte 7 related to remote activation of the windows and skipped byte 8 I my car doesn't have a sunroof. After the new coding was accepted I tried this out, nothing happened even after holding the unlock/locked buttons for 10 seconds. I went back to the instructions I found to see if I made a mistake, but didn't I did go back and check and make sure the changes I made were made (they were) and even checked "comfort function automatic closing" and "comfort function after authorized access for a limited time" still won't work. Am I missing something?

abakos

Veteran Member
TDI
-----
You've got to also enable it by the remote control-

I just did 2 cars this morning, so it's fresh in my head :)

Go through the first 75% or so of the long coding and you'll see the different sections to choose if the windows close all the way after they start or if you have to hold the button on the key. You can also configure it to close the sunroof or not.

It's rather intuitive, but I would copy the long code into a text file as a backup before you start switching everything around-

fr0zen

TDI
2009 Jetta TDI
ok am i blind? i am confused...i just plugged vag into my jetta 09 and under 46 - long coding helper, i don thave these options
everything i have in there is about Locking..central locking, etc, etc

nothing to do with convenience or windows...

HELP HELP?

MIA

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Golf, 09 JSW
I had no problem figuring that out, and for what I can tell I've checked all the correct boxes, but my keyfob still won't operate the windows. :confused:

I

ihatespeed

worked for me on my 2011 jsw module 9 (central electronics) byte 3 I believe I activated bit 5 and 7