Southern Ontario Mechanic Reviews Thread

Mo1991

TDI
Mk4 Jetta sports edition 5 speed
anyone know of a good TDI mechanic in kitchener/waterloo/elmira area? put a deposit down on a golf wagon tdi so i wouldnt mind havin a go to guy for oil and filter changes and dsg service.

There is Smout's garage in Hagersville if you are down for a bit of a drive. Pricing is very reasonable as well.

KiwiCanuck

TDI
Oops.. driving a gasser
anyone know of a good TDI mechanic in kitchener/waterloo/elmira area? put a deposit down on a golf wagon tdi so i wouldnt mind havin a go to guy for oil and filter changes and dsg service.
Is Wiede still in business at Eagle and Concession (oops... Speedsville) in Cambridge? Across the street from Toasters Diner... google maps still shows it as Munich Auto but Wiede’s son bought it back from them a few years ago. Best lil diner in the region at Toasters.. have an omelette while they’re working on your car...

Last edited:

UN-BEETLE-BLE

TDI
1998 Tornado Red Vw Beetle tdi alh ( betsy )
!!! Manny @ Dub performance in Etobicoke on Kipling at 6 point road. Hands down best TDI guru I know and am grateful to know him. Check his reviews.
Trustworthy honest mechanic with a passion for his work. Understands your goals and budgets. And hes open from 4pm till 11pm Monday to Friday.

*Old build* 98 alh Beetle(Betsy): stage 4 malone tune,3 bar,vnt17
520 nozzles,Southbend Smf, pd150 intake,egr delete,valvectomy, 3 inch.

*New Build* 04 Jetta Wagon: stage custom.😁
BEW. 120firad
Aggressive Cam
2262fr Skillaturbo
Fmic, meth, LSD
Plus all the goodies from Betsy and more

Last edited:

wolf1389

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta sportwagen Comfortline
i work in oakville and live in elmira, i leave my house at 6:30am and im not home till 7pm. so any mechanic that is not available on the weekends is useless for me unless they are very close to qew and winston churchill blvd. does anyone know any good mechanics in elmira area or kw/cambridge? or possibly mississauga area near qew/winston churchill blvd.

6oh

TDI
2001 Jetta TDI Sedan / 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
i work in oakville and live in elmira, i leave my house at 6:30am and im not home till 7pm. so any mechanic that is not available on the weekends is useless for me unless they are very close to qew and winston churchill blvd. does anyone know any good mechanics in elmira area or kw/cambridge? or possibly mississauga area near qew/winston churchill blvd.
hey wolf,

back years ago when i lived in that area, i used to go to Lorn Park Auto, which is about 3 minutes from that intersection, at the Clarkson Go... Reto used to be the owner, looks like Roman is now, and they've always been good about leaving the car when done out in the Clarkson lot if for example an after hours pickup needed. Always been good with vw.

mattsnr

TDI
Recently got a 2013 Passat TDI and im looking for a reliable/cost effective mechanic in the brampton/missisauga area. Does anyone have a recommendation?

BigBadThor

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Tornado Red Jetta Wagon GLS (sold); 2014 GSW Wolfsburg Edition CPO TDI
Recently got a 2013 Passat TDI and im looking for a reliable/cost effective mechanic in the brampton/missisauga area. Does anyone have a recommendation?

If you can go as far as south Etobicoke, I highly recommend Frank at Eurosport Import Auto. The dealership quoted me $845 +HST to replace the AC condenser. Took it last Friday to Frank, and he did his own diagnostic (for free; VW charged me $138). Turns out the leak was at the O-ring seals for the pipes going into the condenser, not the condenser itself. $279 all-in later I was humming down the highway in cold comfort.

amit9

Veteran Member
TDI
None...
Looking to get my timing belt done close to Oshawa Owasco quoted me at $1600😳 any recommendations?
Cobourg Quick Service
8 Strathy Road
Cobourg ON K9A 5J7
Office: 905.372.2215

It's about 30-40 minutes east from you. A few local members have got their timing belts done there and recommended it. I think they're now operating inside an OK Tire shop but all the techs are the same.

Another recommended shop is Precision Tuning and it's in Concord:
8600 Keele St #46-47, Concord, ON L4K 4H8
(905) 761-0233

Precisiontuning

Registered Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
n/a
Hi Assuming it is a 09 TDI The cost is $900 Plus /hst If you have any question you can call me @ 905-761-0233 However I am located in Vaughan.
Regards

McGuillicuddy

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon (5MT)
Looking to get my timing belt done close to Oshawa Owasco quoted me at $1600😳 any recommendations?
Since I'm no longer driving to Vaughan regularly as I was pre-Covid I've been taking my wagon to AM42VW in Oshawa. It's a bit of a small operation but Bill is a super guy and he's done good work for me so far and for a good price. If I'm able to get to Vaughan then Precision is my preference. He's done a LOT of work for me over the years (2003 Jetta sedan, 2013 GTI, 2003 Jetta wagon) and I've always been happy.

KarenP

TDI
Golf Wagon-2014-Wolfsburg Edition
Peter's Garage

Hi folks.
New poster, new to TDI. Having some issues with misfiring and need to a second opinion. I live right downtown in Toronto.
I'm wondering if anyone has anyone experience with Peter's Garage on Robert St?
http://petersgarage.ca/
It's the one downtown location that I've heard at least some good things about, but was hoping to get further feedback.
Thanks in advance.
Hello. Did you ever bring your vehicle in to Peters? Looking for a downtown diesel mechanic for my 2014 golf. Thanks!

KarenP

TDI
Golf Wagon-2014-Wolfsburg Edition
I want to recommend
Lucas Automotive
6456 Kingston Road, Scarborough Ontario
Monday through Friday 8am - 6pm
416-284-1998

Professionally run shop, won't rip you off for un-necessary repairs.
Hello
Are you still using this shop? An east end Toronto shop is just what I am looking for.
Thanks!

amit9

Veteran Member
TDI
None...
Hello. Did you ever bring your vehicle in to Peters? Looking for a downtown diesel mechanic for my 2014 golf. Thanks!
This is near downtown:
Amin @ Salim's Auto Repair Inc
999 Eastern Ave, Toronto, ON M4L 1A8
Phone: (416) 463-5464

A few members have used this shop including myself, and it's a good recommended shop for VW's with good mechanics and reasonable pricing. Ask for Amin (owner) and Sammy.

Reactions: ymz

Sting

Anyone know anything about a shop called Diesel Tech Canada on Freshway? I'm interested in a engine he's got and having it put in.

Thanks in advance.

krazykipa

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf TDI (RIP), 2006 Jetta Wagon TDI
Anyone know anything about a shop called Diesel Tech Canada on Freshway? I'm interested in a engine he's got and having it put in.

Thanks in advance.
Very little info out there apart from their kijiji profile, which has no reviews. Found this:
Good luck and be sure to get things in writing...

Sting

Yeah I saw that post too... I talked to the guy briefly, wasn't feeling comfortable. I think I've found something better.

dec0de

TDI
2003 Golf GLS TDI
+1 For Manny at Dub Performance (Six Point & Kipling).

Fixed an issue that was caused by a mechanic at LP Europe Motorsport (Dufferin & Geary).

Had my power steering pump + line replaced by LP Europe Motorsport and during the installation they bumped the turbo hose behind the engine. After repeated visits LP could not find the issue. Manny found it immediately after putting the car on the hoist.

Karma9

TDI
2012 Passat TDI
Looking for a shop recommendation in GTA east / Durham. Acquired my first VW/TDI recently and wanted to get suspension checked.

Scarborough through Bowmanville would be great.

Any help would be appreciated. I did try searching through some recent posts but could not find any reco's (except Cobourg Quick Service).

Fitn3rd

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline
Recommendations for an independent mechanic near Markham rd and Hwy 7.

I'm looking for someone reputable that I can bring my own parts to.

Thank you.

GP_RZ

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon 5 speed
Anyone know of anyone with knowledge with TDI's in the Barrie and surrounding area. Looking to get oil and trans fluid+filter done on a 03 wagon and have it looked over general tune-up.

Cheers!

amit9

Veteran Member
TDI
None...
Anyone know of anyone with knowledge with TDI's in the Barrie and surrounding area. Looking to get oil and trans fluid+filter done on a 03 wagon and have it looked over general tune-up.

Cheers!
Yes, Brandon is our trusted and recommended Mechanic in that area.
DCB Automotive
2875 Old Barrie Rd E, Orillia, ON L3V 6H2
Phone: (416) 857-4873

GP_RZ

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon 5 speed
Thank you amit9, will give this guy a call just bough the car recently and want to get it gone over before I start using for commute, just wondering if you know anything of V-Dubbs in Innisfil .

Cheers!

P2B

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta, 2003 Jetta, 2003 Jetta Wagon
I'm looking for someone reputable that I can bring my own parts to.
Probably not going to happen. Most reputable mechanics guarantee their work so won't use customer supplied parts. Markup on parts also represents a significant portion of their income.

Capt.Aidan

TDI
2015 Touareg 3.0 TDI Exec
Anyone heard of eco-wagons in Newmarket/Aurora? Curious of reviews thanks
I've been referred to Andre by a friend with a '14 Jetta TDI who's been taking his there since he had a bad run in with a dealer. I've only been taking my Touareg there for the last 25k since I went over warranty, but can't say enough good things about these guys.

They are honest, knowledgeable, incredibly thorough, and very reasonably priced. I've seen Andre and his team explain in detail everything that needs to be done, or items to monitor with every other customer I've seen come through while I've had mine in for service.

Highly recommend if you are north of Toronto.

norbert77

Veteran Member
TDI
01 beetle
Anybody reliable in Petrolia (Sarnia) or Ridgetown (Chatham) area? I need a TB kit installed in a 03 beetle and I'd rather not buy a tool kit