Faulty map sensor?

tom167

TDI
Seat Ibiza MK4 PD130
Just installed a scangauge on a PD130 engined ibiza, mainly to check boost levels on, and it seems to always show the MAP as 37.4.

Now i've tried, replacing the map sensor, testing the plug for feeds etc, checking the return signal back to the ecu....

Everything should be working but it isnt... Anyone shed any light?

The only thing i can think is that i'm running the diode mod instead of a maf, would this cause my problems? As i dont have a spare maf to plug in....

rzxf

TDI
Hi Friend

What MAP sensor you have installed?

You need give all this INFO's to we can help you...

What is the error you have in VAG-COM?...

;)

Last edited:

rzxf

TDI
I just replaced the OEM one with a like for like, should be exactly the same as how it came out the factory :)
So you have mount a new MAP exactly like the OEM unit, correct?....

So maybe you need check other things because problem is not from MAP...

Car runs good, problem is only value in scangauge? Maybe is not compatible with your car....

;)

tom167

TDI
Seat Ibiza MK4 PD130
Yeh the MAP sensor works fine, VAG com reads it no problems.

It must be something wrong with how i've set up the scangauge, my friends got the same car and his works fine.

The only thing i think is maybe i need to programme an xgauge with different settings?

Honeydew

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 Passat DSG
MAP on scangauge shows atmospheric pressure + boost. You have to program a custom x gauge which subtracts a standard atmospheric pressure determined by you from the MAP output. There is a thread with coding in the OBD scanner forum. If you are always showing the same number though (37.4) that might not be your primary issue.

tom167

TDI
Seat Ibiza MK4 PD130
I've programmed an x gauge that does the subtraction, but that just gives me a constant value of 22.5. I can change it accordingly, but its just subtracting whatever value from the 37.4....

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
I have the same problem on my EDC15P equipped Golf4 150 (motor/ecu/wiring came from 2001 EU Golf 150)... MAP is constant 37.4 on SGII but on VCDS it displays fine...