Malone Tune

190WHP
306WTQ

next week another on 27psi and a 3 bar tune from Mark

TDI_bubble

Veteran Member
TDI
98 tdi bubble
Wow that's pretty much my ideal street setup. Coming from 4 bangers(gassers) and 400whp considered streetable that's sayin something. When do you think you will run out of fuel with that pump/injectors?

Sweet powerband btw!

Last edited:

Got Bearings?

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GLS
I'm not saying it's not possible.... but I'm questioning the numbers. 190HP with a 21 PSI tune and a 10mm pump? Most people here are fighting to get 190 with more boost, fuel and RPMs. I'm wondering if there's some dyno corrections that are slightly overstated.

I do like how flat the TQ curve is... very nice.

dieseleux

Théoricien -TDIClub Contributor
TDI
Jetta TDI 02
Very good number!
The best way is put O2 sensor and MAP on graph.
My AHU do 145Whp 271lbs with GTB2056VL, 0.216um nozzle on 11mm oem pump at 18psi and rich air/fuel ajustement.
To do 190Whp up line curve and mostly flat torque curve, pressure are not constante, pressure rise with rpm.
yes, 21psi at aprox 2000rpm do 306Wtq, no trouble with this.
But torq hold higher than 300lbs over wide rpm range... no, you hold more than 21psi!
Good tdi dyno curve with constant intake pressure have flat hp line and triangular torque line with peak at turbo spool and down slowly with rise of rpm.

Like this

or this

or this

Dieseleux

Last edited:

DRVRFWND

TDI
2011 JSW TDI 6spd
I'm not saying it's not possible.... but I'm questioning the numbers. 190HP with a 21 PSI tune and a 10mm pump? Most people here are fighting to get 190 with more boost, fuel and RPMs. I'm wondering if there's some dyno corrections that are slightly overstated.
I do like how flat the TQ curve is... very nice.

dyno corrections? im not sure what that means sorry... this dyno was done on a dynapack style of dyno, not a mustang full boost by 2000rpm, and sustained 21psi all the way up!

keep in mind that the car does have r520's and a front mount IC and 2.5" exhaust no cat no mufflers...

clutch is a bully clutch...

the car pulls extremely hard, the torque is very nice.

i will say that this is not my car, one of my friends. We both did our turbo upgrades together, so were having fun, making some HP.

V.

Got Bearings?

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GLS
dyno corrections? im not sure what that means sorry... this dyno was done on a dynapack style of dyno, not a mustang full boost by 2000rpm, and sustained 21psi all the way up!
You can manipulate the dyno numbers by changing the corrections (temp, elevation, atmospheric pressure) in the dyno computer parameters. I've seen it done... and my buddy has a Dyna-Pak and have seen the correction screen. It's not unheard of that some dyno operators change the corrections so it shows a higher number, therefore, making the customer happier.

I'm not saying this happened to you but the numbers seem high based on what I'e seen here. If this is not the case, that's great... strong running car!

TDI_bubble

Veteran Member
TDI
98 tdi bubble
Dynapack is IMO the best, no tire/wheel issues. Another thing is that you can exert an extreme amount of resistance on the axles which can lead to breakage, but you can see how early things spool and pull out of a low rpm roll.
Takes extra time to throw on the hubs but its worth it. I'd say their better for dyno days so you dont have to waste time strapping down the car 10x ways.

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
My guess is that 190whp on this dyno is maybe 195bhp, as the only friction is in the gearbox which is negligible if you compare with a conventional chassis dyno where you have a huge amount of rolling resistance at the tyres at high speeds..

for example on a 2 roll dyno, rolling resistance can be over 40hp at 220kph

Alcaid

Veteran Member
TDI
See signature
Total Correction Factor (tcf) = 1.00 or it doesn't count ;) Just to show an example: (1.6TD ecodiesel with turned up boost and pump)