Jetta MK4 power heated mirror fuse

cdnalpina

TDI
2003 Jetta GLS, manual
I have searched to the best of my ability and have not been able to discern what fuse controls the power heated side mirrors on my 2003 Jetta TDI. They currently do not work and with winter fast approaching, it would be a nice thing to have,

Can anyone give me any direction on this please?

Cheers,

Rob

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
The motors move right?

If so then the glass element is burned out. You have to replace the mirror glass.

NB_TDi

Vendor
TDI
2014 Jetta SE
You can order replacement glass from Brian...

http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/roseland/VWPartsA4.htm

You cannot leave the heated option on, they will burn out in a matter of time. Stupid design, yes. It's about $70 for both sides, worth it if they are dead.

Mine were rusting from the inside out, I replace them and I love having fog/ice/snow free mirrors. Just gotta be mindful of turning them off.

cdnalpina

TDI
2003 Jetta GLS, manual
They do nothing at all right now. Previous owner said they did work but then stopped. Makes me think it is an electrical issue but could not find a fuse diagram that listed the power heated mirrors anywhere.

Is it possible that it could be the switch itself?

ANGELofDEBT

TDI
'06 Jetta Wagon; '03 Jetta GLS
I'm in the same situation and am fairly sure it's the switch that has failed as from my investigation the fuse that links the mirrors also supply other things. As there is nothing else that doesn't work I am about to replace the switch.

NB_TDi

Vendor
TDI
2014 Jetta SE
cdnalpina said:
They do nothing at all right now. Previous owner said they did work but then stopped. Makes me think it is an electrical issue but could not find a fuse diagram that listed the power heated mirrors anywhere.

Is it possible that it could be the switch itself?
90% chance that he/she left them on and the glass burnt out. If you have access to vagcom you can scan the CCM and find the code.

cdnalpina

TDI
2003 Jetta GLS, manual
Solved the problem today - per say. I had the lower trim off the car as well as the door panel, looking for cracked/broken/stray wires. Didn't find anything but when I reinstalled everything the mirrors worked! Must have been a loose connection or something.

So, if anyone ever experiences a sudden loss in power to the side mirros, it may be as simple as the connection of the harnesses are not making contact.

Cheers,