Intercooler recall?

spicy_red

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagon TDI, highline, 6MT, multimedia, plat grey metallic
<EDIT - wrong title, should read Another EGR Cooler Recall? >

Royal VW of Vernon, BC is now in my good books (they weren't ever bad I just hadn't dealt with them much).
Dropped the car off due to "trans temp sensor" and "coolant sensor" codes coming up in vag com. Warranty is expiring in under 300kms so for once the timing was right. Service guy wasn't around so left a msg for him to call me first thing in the AM. Surprisingly enough, he did (these days I don't expect it). No problem on the codes, would be dealt with right away. Asked for an oil change, he brought up the proper 505.01 and knew what the empty oil sample bottle was in the cupholder and how to take the proper sample.
Then he advised that they were going to start right away on a recall to replace the EGR cooler! Told him this was already done over a year ago. He told me there is an update to the recall with another updated part!! Said that some of the updated coolers were still leaking. Said this update was from October 2006.
Plus they were going to do the recall for the brake light switch as well (I forgot about that one).
Anyways, this is the type of service I expect and all dealerships should strive for. They get paid to do warranty work so why not do as much as they can?
I'll get more details on the updated EGR cooler recall, first I had ever heard of it.

Last edited:

spicy_red

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagon TDI, highline, 6MT, multimedia, plat grey metallic
Inserted an "edit" in the first line of the post, couldn't figure out how to change thread title.