CR actuator on PPD

duke21

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 TDI BMN
It is really unbelieveable that there is no info how to adjust CR actuator to work properly with GTB turbos on PPD engine. Problem is that CR reads opposite voltage values than stock 1749vc actuator which cannot be used with GTB turbos.

After i write map i can feel torque starting to kick in around 2000rpm, but as time passes, car gets laggy and i can hear deeper tone because turbo is opened more (its not limp mode). I suppose its due to actuator's incorrect readings sending to ecu. Turbo is new, actuator, vacuums tested with mytivac. After i write same map, it goes well.

Can anyone help me with this??

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
here's your chance to be a trend-setting pioneer and a TDI thought leader.

duke21

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 TDI BMN
Haha there is no other way obviously.

Where can i find voltage outputs from PPD and CR actuators?

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
PPD sucks ass.

If you anyway want to invest effort in this crappy car, just measure the voltage of a stock actuator in op/closed position and make the lever/rod length the same in you gtb turbo.

it ain't gonna get any simplere than that and its the same like one would do on a 2.0 CR, but in the cr its pretty easy to tune to difference voltage levels. which I do not know is the same in ****ty Siemens software.

duke21

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 TDI BMN
As i know PPD's stock turbo's output are like 3.7v for 85% duty cycle and 0.7 for 20% duty cycle.

Now i use CR and looking at gr11 charge pressure test: fully closed 2.2v, full open 3.7v, totally opposite readings. There is no way than try to adjust stock actuator to work with gtb...