G60 water pump pulley on 1Z TDI

lucassayers7

TDI
MK6 TDI Golf (recall) MK1 Rabbit TD from NA(sold) MK1 Scirocco TDI (Building)1990 Corrado TDI(Daily)
Got a 1z tdi im deleting the ac on and was going to order a 028 121 031 k or e but i have the expensive 037121030A for the g60 ribbed pulley with the adjustable offset sitting in my garage. the pulley seems to be a little too wide so after i pull the stuck crank pulley off (wont budge) wondering the following:

Will the g60 crank pulley and harmonic balancer work on a tdi or will it cause issues?

Or can i run just g60 crank pulley and no harmonic balancer?

I know the tdi harmonic balancer is in the serpentine pulley and the g60 is in the accessory pulley. im not going to have an accessory belt but will obviously leave it in if the g60 balancer will work. if not will order the right pulley. also if anyone did a similar setup what belt?

Last edited:

lucassayers7

TDI
MK6 TDI Golf (recall) MK1 Rabbit TD from NA(sold) MK1 Scirocco TDI (Building)1990 Corrado TDI(Daily)
Finally got the crank pulley off and realized the g60 crank is a different offset
Is there a difference between the:
028 121 031 K
028 121 031 E

mogly

Veteran Member
TDI
MKIV TDI + B5.5V AVF/01E
I am drawing a blank on exactly what part you are needing to delete the AC. The answer is out there. I haven`t done this in quite some time but I know the water pump pulley is the correct piece to change. I want to say it`s early VR6 but not certain. Hopefully bumping this will help you find the correct answer.