Please check your wiring harness for me...

RIP TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 GSW SE 6MT...... '01 Golf GLS 5MT.... '96 Passat Variant....
Could someone please check their large wiring harness going into the fuse/relay box and see if it is routed as mine is in this photo? The two arrows show where the kinked harness contacts both the back side of the left headlight and the front corner of the fuse/relay box. This hasn't resulted in any abrasion wear yet, but it doesn't look correctly routed.

Prior to purchase of this stop-sale car, the dealer replaced the wiring harnesses for power steering and oil level sensor (due to rodent damage), both of which are below this area and I'm wondering if during reassembly this section of the main harness was mis-routed.

TIA.

Iko

TDI
MK6 hatch / MK7 GSW
Under the ECU there is cable tray where most of the wiring that comes out of the Fuse boxes is run thru. It's possible that the dealer didnt fit the wires in properly. I dont remember having that much slack coming out of the box last time I was working on the horn alarm.

But then again the ECU it wont be properly seated in the bracket if the cabling is not flattened and run inside the tray.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk