eurospecsport??????

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Any info on what happened to http://www.eurospecsport.com/eurocrankshafts.htm

I have been in contact Mike over there for a while last year about a 100mm crank, last conversation i had was back in April of 2018, so its been a while. I tried sending him an email but got nothing back and its been about 2 months now.

His email is from overlandparts.com (im assuming there both the same company or related some how, i have no idea about these sites and the companies behind them other than ordering parts now and again.

I also noticed that http://www.overlandparts.com is dead, all content other than an outdated catalog is GONE.
whats going on?
I know TDI's are getting s'canned more and more and parts are CRAZY hard to come by now.
Im thinking my AHU build might have more of a challenge ahead of me if i cant get parts like this anymore:<

My emails have this info
Michael Zlotkin

Overland Parts, Inc.

Eurospec Sport

1-408-848-4205

1-408-848-2136 Fax

mike@overlandparts.com

www.overlandparts.com

www.eurospecsport.com

Yet when i call, email, or visit the sites, NOTHING.
Yes i have called, i t just rings for a few minutes, then hangs up!

Now that i try to email any name at those domains i get a bounce back
The response from the remote server was:
550 Bad destination mailbox address - No such user at that domain

Last edited:

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
i guess no one knows, probably why they shut down
shame

Franko6

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Jetta, 99, Silver`
I know.

They have sold out. I can't name names, but they are officially 'out of business'.

As for the crank, I might be able to help. I will give a supplier a call and see what might come up.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I know.

They have sold out. I can't name names, but they are officially 'out of business'.

As for the crank, I might be able to help. I will give a supplier a call and see what might come up.
that sucks
they were very friendly and my experience with a few orders was very helpful and present.

Im looking for a 100mm stroker crank for my AHU, Im on the fence about knife edging, primarily to reduce the mass enough but still have enough meat to balance properly with rods and custom 82mm pistons. Dont get me started with the knife edging, i have yet to get to the point to actually order parts yet. that probably wont be untill this late summer. i have a lot of mock up to do. In case you are wondering, im putting my AHU into my 1984 Porsche 944 because thats what i want to waste my time with now!
goal is 400HP, maybe. Also will be making of have a girdle plate custom made to go with a dry sump system.
but i digress, i will start a proper thread once i have things mocked up. I plan on starting a youtube vlog channel on it, probably will take me 2 years to build at my rate!

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
So. I'm pulling the ahu out of the Jetta next month. As some of you have seen already, it's being parted out. So, now I'm actually on the hunt for a 100mm crank, and the details to matching the pistons as I want to run the stock conrod measurement. Just throwing it out there. I'm probably going to have the engine ready to start assembly by January 2020. So, now starts the hunt for the parts I need.