Hybrid turbo in need of turbo adjustment

k_pt

Veteran Member
TDI
VW MKIV TDI
I'm dealing with some underboost for some time now since I got my turbo hybrid GT1752VB

I've already tested the actuator, and it moves by the rules, 4inHg to start move, stop at 18inHg.

Made some pulls to show you what I mean.

No problems with sensor MAP, it was fine before the turbo swap.

I got more than 0.5b of deviation on the actual intake before 2k rpms, after that, it's remapped with more fuel, and due to higher exhaust flow, it can reach spec values.

My question, is it safe to turn the screw on the actuator 2 or 3 turns to shorten the actuator and bring more boost earlier? Don't mind the overboost, this turbo has MFS wich can easily make 2.0bar spikes.

By the way, any one knows how much my MAP sensor reads (engine ARL)? 2bar?

Last edited:

k_pt

Veteran Member
TDI
VW MKIV TDI
I meant 2bar relative pressure.

I'm using an ARL(PD150) engine MAP sensor, forgot to mention, my engine is a PD150, I suppose I have the sensor map 038906051C, which can read 3bar absolute. I'm not planning in the future running more than 3bar absolute.

Rrusse11

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf, 5spd; 05 Jeep CRD
Shorten the actuator, you'll get more boost, I just lengthened mine cause I was overboosting. The locknut was loose and it was moving at
2"hg. Be aware I am NO expert. Setting mine at 5"hg helped my hybrid settle down.

Procede at your own risk. I'd recommend a boost gauge, highly educational, and easier than analysing logs and graphs. I'll cheerfully
confess to be a seat of the pants driver, and willing to fiddle. {:eek:)