WOOO HOO I drove a '05 Mercedes-Benz E320 CDI!!

ScottyP5947

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 New Beetle
WOOO HOO I drove a \'05 Mercedes-Benz E320 CDI!!

Wow what a nice car! I am a college student who manages a pizza joint at night. Well there is this MB salesman that I have been yapping diesel with for quite some time now, so I asked him about the new CDI's... He is not nearly excited about diesels as I am but he does tell me that they just sold one. I told the quy to let me know when another comes in, because I'd love to take it for a drive. The VERY NEXT DAY the guy called me at work and asked me to come check out their CDI! (Just got another one in!) It was amazing! He let me take it on a 10 mile drive, wow were those some enjoyable 10 miles I tell you! 201 hp, 369 lb ft torque, punch it at 60 mph and feels like someone hit you from behind! The car handled very well and the traction control spoiled all the fun of attempting to burn the tires up.
The multi-pilot injections of the bosch common rail injection system keep "diesel noise" to a minimum (too bad, eh?). Turbo still shooshed like no other! I think it's awesome that the MB salesman called me up to drive a $53,000 car, knowing full well that there is no way in hell I could buy it now. He just knows I am a diesel-dork and that I would love to experience the most technologically advanced diesel in North America!!! It was more fun than I could put into words. Anyway I wish I could post a couple of pics that I have, how do I do that? ...go drive one if you can!! Scott

Viesel

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GL TDI
WOOO HOO I drove a \'05 Mercedes-Benz E320 CDI!!

You should drive one chipped!!