2009 front turn signal socket

SulzerGuy

TDI
2009 Jetta TDI
I have a problem with y left front turn signal. the bulb is out and i now find that the socket is adrift in the headlight assembly. I am hoping the turn signal socket is replaceable separately and I don't need to buy a complete headlight assembly.

Terrific-In-Tahoma

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 ALH Jetta M5 / 05 BEW Jetta Wagon A4
2009 Front Turn Signal Socket - Left (driver) Side

I have a problem with my left front turn signal. the bulb is [burnt] out and i now find that the socket is adrift in the headlight assembly. I am hoping the turn signal socket is replaceable separately and I don't need to buy a complete headlight assembly.
If the Headlamp / Turn signal socket is the same or similar to the 2001 (mine), then probably the turn signal socket is a three wire in to four connection on the bulb side. There have been variations, where older style (I believe, but dont quote me. LOL, ) turn signal bulbs were 1157 style bayonet holders.

Newer (ish) models went to a lighter (by weight) plastic wedge, with four straight wires bent over the wedge after being inserted in to the plastic part.

The part that you are referring to is called "Turn Signal Lamp Holder", or similar words. Since you are looking for MKv, that most likely has a different part (or could be the same) number than my MKIV.

It helps if the contacts are dry and no water has gotten in, since electricity and different metals causes galvanic corrosion, where the metals deposit themselves to the "other " part.

(This is how mine wore out, a line right down the contact where the bulb wire used to be).

If the headlamp assy is different then post back here what you wound up with.