Whats the deal w 2.0's now

Motodude

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 q7tdi. 2012 q7tdi
I found a 2010 jetta 1 owner for sale and ran it thru the site and it says only a modification is available on that car if one is approved and $5600. Why would that be? And no buyback offered?

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
May be owner did the fix already? Did the portal system already have mileage in it when you were doing the claim?

forrest resto`s

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 jetta tdi auto rc2 2013 passat tdi 2015 passat tdi auto 2011 jetta tdi nav. s'roof..man. dpf delete 1970 GTO JUDGE 520 HP
May be owner did the fix already? Did the portal system already have mileage in it when you were doing the claim?
That can't be the case cause he says ONLY the fix is available:confused:...who gets the prize figuring this one out:D??

JCG57

TDI
'09 Jetta
This is like the game "20 Questions"; oh what fun!!! I'll play too: is the car currently registered in Michigan?

duratitus

Veteran Member
TDI
Several different models. Selling them back to VW
Because the system is screwy.

I the only time the portal shows the fix or buyback already being complete is if you log in under the account that the settlement was completed through.

In other words, I believe you can look up any car that that has already received the modification, and it will show the modification as the only option available, unless you are logged into the actual account that the claim was completed through, then it will show the claim as already being complete with no options available.

forrest resto`s

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 jetta tdi auto rc2 2013 passat tdi 2015 passat tdi auto 2011 jetta tdi nav. s'roof..man. dpf delete 1970 GTO JUDGE 520 HP
Because the system is screwy.

I the only time the portal shows the fix or buyback already being complete is if you log in under the account that the settlement was completed through.

In other words, I believe you can look up any car that that has already received the modification, and it will show the modification as the only option available, unless you are logged into the actual account that the claim was completed through, then it will show the claim as already being complete with no options available.
well then..I suggest a few of us try that ( ones that had the fix or buyback)...don't log in and try your vin and see what happens!? That should settle the mystery!

jjtdi09

TDI
09 TDI
vwdiesellookup.com

When you put a vin in, this is the canned autoreply at the bottom. So I believe if it has been turned in or hasn't yet had a modification it will state modification complete: NO , (nothing indicating that it was completed, just that it wasn't) No miles from what I see.

If anyone has one that has done the modification they can chime in ie a 09 to 15, please share results online, to help others.

My cousins new car from vw, you simply get (at vwdiesellookup.com) :

This VIN is not part of the VW diesel settlement. Please contact VW at 1-800-822-8987 for further information.

On the vw court settlement.com site you do get that it is included.

This vehicle is included.

The VIN entered is included in the terms of the proposed 2.0L Settlements. Both Vehicle and Owner/Lessee eligibility stipulations apply in order to participate in the Settlements. Visit the Check My Eligibility section of this website to determine if you may qualify for benefits under the proposed Settlements and take next steps to understand your options.

Cut and pasted the vin in each, confusing I agree, hopefully we can have other show what pops up to eliminate confusion.

Jetta Sedan 4D TDI
Volkswagen Emissions Modification Programs
Vehicle (VIN) Included in Settlement:
YES
Modification Approved by EPA and CARB:
YES
Modification Completed for this Vehicle (VIN):
NO
Vehicle has Extended Emissions Warranty:
NO - Requires Completed Modification
Vehicle Eligibility and Emissions Modification Status:
An emissions modification has been approved by EPA and CARB and is available for this vehicle.
Emissions Modification Disclosure:
Please find details on the modification for the vehicle in the Emissions Modification Disclosure.
Extended Emissions Warranty Information:
This vehicle DOES NOT have an Extended Emissions Warranty as our records indicate it still requries an approved emissions modification.
Schedule a Service Appointment:
Stay informed about additional required emissions modifications. Once a modification is available, please contact an authorized VW dealer to schedule an appointment. Find a Dealer
Visit VWCourtSettlement.com to determine what other benefits you may be eligible to receive.

jjtdi09

TDI
09 TDI
vw lookup

ok I went on cars.com found a couple for sale, put in the vin and when you do this is what you see.

Volkswagen Emissions Modification Programs
Vehicle (VIN) Included in Settlement:
YES
Modification Approved by EPA and CARB:
YES
Modification Completed for this Vehicle (VIN):
YES
Vehicle has Extended Emissions Warranty:
YES

chilichili

TDI
2000 Jetta SOLD, 2005.5 Jetta SOLD, 2015 GSW
I just bought a 2015 rereleased used tdi. Is there any other emissions fixes that I should wait for, or is this the finished product. I'm curious because I would like to delete and tune. Thanks much.