www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKV-A5 Golf/Jettas

VW MKV-A5 Golf/Jettas Discussions area for A5/MkV Jetta/Golf (2005/2006 PD and 2009 CR).

Old January 20th, 2016, 12:49   #1
Jdragnfly

Default Fuel pump leak??

I just noticed a leak near the forward end of the auxiliary fuel pump. I can't tell for sure if its coming from the pump itself or from where the fuel line connects to it. With all the HPFP issues in mind, I'm extra concerned. Can anyone shed some light on this particular issue?
Jdragnfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2016, 10:21   #2
RinsinTDI

I just noticed this very Issue yesterday with my 2013 Sportwagen, but I've also noticed the intank pump seems to be working harder, as ive notices its started humming/buzzing. I've been searching the forum and have noticed it seems to be a common issue that's been fixed by either replacing the aux fuel pump or by tightening up the connection where the copper crush washer is... I haven't been able to confirm if it could cause other issues though.
RinsinTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2016, 13:17   #3
Jdragnfly

Thanks for the reply. I'll start with the connection, degrease the affected area, and see if I can pinpoint exactly where the leak is happening.
Jdragnfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2017, 10:58   #4
jmsparks

Any info on how this resolved? I just experienced this on my 2011 Golf TDI. Dealership says they don't stock the part because they never see this happen. It was a pretty good drip going from the aux fuel pump down the hose. They want to replace the pump, all hoses, and the serpentine belt since it got wet with diesel. $1000.
jmsparks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2017, 12:15   #5
ezshift5
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Please note Fuelly...........

....fuel pump got no comment on dealer paper work after service..........

(but no one offered to explain/amplify "recommend D/S intercooler hose,seeping"

Also recommended 4 tires (which I measured at 5/32 for all) and "BG" service was in this same recommendation.

This is the selling dealer (and also where I got my 1982 Rabbit Diesel Pickup)....

..and I reckon where I will regretfully go for buyback next year.

ez
Old May 19th, 2017, 15:42   #6
2micron

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsparks View Post
Any info on how this resolved? I just experienced this on my 2011 Golf TDI. Dealership says they don't stock the part because they never see this happen. It was a pretty good drip going from the aux fuel pump down the hose. They want to replace the pump, all hoses, and the serpentine belt since it got wet with diesel. $1000.
PM'd
Thanks,
Andrew
2micron is offline   Reply With Quote