FS: 2004 B5.5 Passat Wagon GLS - 65k miles

nuclear

Veteran Member
TDI
B4V
I'm finally moving forward selling one of my vehicles (the other is a B4V). We bought this B5.5 last year from the only reputable VW TDI dealer in Houston with 53k miles, West Houston VW. The previous owner had traded it in for a new Sportswagen. Most other Houston VW dealers are notorious for not even knowing even proper oil type for TDI engine types. (CharlieT can substantiate that claim).

Pentosin 5w-40 505.01 every 5000 miles since I've owned it. I replaced all filters, cabin, air, fuel within the past 2500 miles. The car runs excellent has substantially more handling and acceleration than my B4V.

I'll include a 2tone black and gray leather kit from Katzkins to the buyer that has not been installed ( worth $1200).

Balance Shaft
The Balance Shaft Module has not been upgraded and I cannot detect any chain sound from the chassis (i'll upload a youtube clip soon). Although, these guys will attest you will want it replaced within the next 25k or so. Robbie in Austin (runonbeer) has quoted me ~$2500-3000 to replace the BSM and the timing belt replacement.

Lowered
Asking $13,000.

or $16,000 with Balance Shaft Module upgraded to chainless (wait time of 2 weeks)

Last edited:

nuclear

Veteran Member
TDI
B4V
I updated the price. If this doesn't sell It's going as a trade in to take advantage of tax-savings

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
Confirm that you are eligible for the tax rebate before signing.
Some have found out after the fact that the money they expected was not to be there.

wncav8er

TDI
2001 Jetta Sedan TDI GLS
Sold. I am currently driving her home. Hope my wife likes her new passat:) Nuclear kept the car in great condition but I'm ready to do some work on her since I still have another 30k before the next TB change on the jetta